GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the smallest width tire one could get away with on a 9.5 inch wheel?I have near new 245/40/18s toyo proxies on my 18x8.5 inch te37s but i am changing to 18x9.5inch rota grids..will my current tires squeeze on my new wheels??

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
They will fit but you'll have a bit of a stretch on the tyre. Really can't see the point of fitting a narrow tyre on a wide rim. I'm pretty sure that the Rota will be a lot heavier than the TEs too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yup swapping from Volks to Rotas is like swapping an Armani cashmere jumper for giorgio hoody
Agreed! But in his defence if he has broken one or two of the TE37's - they are reeeeeeedicolously expensive to replace... and despite the weight/strength difference, the Rota's dont look that bad at all...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Cheers for the repies..and yes id agree with ye all as regards swaping from volks to rotas.My main reason is my volks are 18x8.5 not sure about the offset but they just dont fill the arches enough.If my volks were 9.5 wide with say +22 offset they would be perfect..but there not.The guy who bought them originally should be shot for the size he picked.

I priced them in 18x9.5 and was quoted 3300euro in matt bronze.. rota grid drifts are 880pounds in the same size + off set in matt bronze..so i would rather not get ass raped,and still have a set of wheels that look as nice if not nicer than the volks and have an extra 2k in my pocket..wudnt ye?!

Also Rotas are not a bad wheel,good finish,there matt bronze is nearly nicer than volks matt bronze and they are strong..there are by no means a bad [email protected] lex dakar datsun..looks like ur man couldnt drive..iv scene a bbs rim in as bad a state before after a smack.

want to fit my tires that i have on my current wheels because they are near new..would have 265s wrapped around the new wheels otherwise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts