GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collecting my new GT-R on Tuesday 28th. Final question - to Smartguard or not?

Any views as to whether I should go for this or not?

Rob

·
Registered
485 Posts
I passed on Supaguard and spent 50% less on a professional protection detail which produced a stinning looking car on delivery, which looks just as good 1 month on :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the Smartguard done and I have been very happy with it. You get a kit with everything you need to keep your car nice and clean, although I would still recommend getting the basic detailing kit (wash mitt etc). The replacement cleaning fluids are also reasonable when you run out. If you have a problem it is guaranteed for 4 years so you just take it back to your HPC. I agree it will not look as good as a professional detail... but it should last longer!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks - sounds like it's not worth doing.

What's 'professional protection detail' ?
Rob - detailing with a decent final product (e.g. high-quality sealant or wax) should offer a pretty good layer of protection for the car for 6-12 months (depending on mileage, garaging etc.). I had mine done before collection and have been really pleased with the result.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks - sounds like it's not worth doing.

What's 'professional protection detail' ?
Rob - detailing with a decent final product (e.g. high-quality sealant or wax) should offer a pretty good layer of protection for the car for 6-12 months (depending on mileage, garaging etc.). I had mine done before collection and have been really pleased with the result.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts