GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:D

The latest bits to be installed on my car courtesy of Daryl at TunerLab.jp!

Auto Select carbon canards and bonnet vents and a Mine's carbon grill. Nice.

Amazingly, the canards even come with their own substantial fibreglass templates that you place over the bumper to locate the drill holes!

Fantastic attention to detail and the finish is perfect.

Car is being collected on Monday and taken up to Middlehurst where they will be fitted along with the LED driving lights, Pagid pads, Bridgestone tyres, Willall trans fluid, Motul 300v 15w50 engine oil and Motul RB600 brake fluid.

Oh and the 6000 mile service...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi David,
It all looks very nice indeed!
As I think I said elsewhere, this is just the kind of thing I am considering for my car (once it arrives at the end of this month).

I will be very interested to see the pictures of your car once everything is fitted.

If its not a rude question - how much all in, including the LED lights?

(I am also waiting for more news on the GTC carbon stuff Ben has in the pipeline.)

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have a very good idea what they're going to look like fitted. I shamelessly copied Robbie J after seeing his car in the metal at the Ace Cafe!

That is the Stillen lip too.
But whilst I like it, I want a splitter that is carbon to match the other parts and has functional brake ducting.
So far the only options (at halfway sensible prices) are Auto Select - as seen on Ben Linney's GTC car - or maybe Password JDM when they finally put theirs into production.

For prices on the bits, contact Daryl at Tunerlab.jp or Matty as on his post.

Middlehurst, surprisingly, were by far the most reasonable for the LED lights. They must have ordered a batch in before the Pound collapsed!

·
Registered
26,872 Posts
it will look good david

funny enough we have a number of the Auto Select front splitters and Zele (along with carbon side skirts) en-route from Newera JP

the canards and front grill by MINES will be on offer too

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fitted at last!

All the bits in one shot

Side shot showing how the Auto Select canards look OEM in fitment. Also note the new AP slotted discs

Set LEDS to stun!

Close up of bonnet vents

Great job fitting everything by Middlehurst (and supplying the LEDs), don't know the bad news bit yet...(the bill!)

·
Registered
94 Posts
What did Middlehurst say about warranty for the transmission, engine, brakes, with non Nissan fluids? Guess you didn't bother removing the AP map, so question probbaly irrelevant.

And when do we get to see the wrap?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What did Middlehurst say about warranty for the transmission, engine, brakes, with non Nissan fluids? Guess you didn't bother removing the AP map, so question probbaly irrelevant.

And when do we get to see the wrap?
I think the only one that raised Gary Finney's eyebrow was the gearbox fluid as it actually looks different from the stock one, i.e. orange rather than green.

However nobody in the US has had a warranty claim refused specifically because it has had Willall in it.

As you say, the AP is a bigger issue, and it is public knowledge on my car!
However, as I keep on saying, the warranty isn't a single mystical entity that is either "invalid" or "valid". If I have issues with anything other than the engine or gearbox, it will still be covered.

BTW, Cobb recommend removing the map before servicing so that the map doesn't get overwritten and "lost".

Wrap is scheduled for the first week in November, so soon!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gary told me in no uncertain terms that using anything other than "GTR" fluid in the transmission will void the warranty. He said they will know because of the difference in colour and would reject any claim simply on that basis.

I firmly believe that using a fluid proven to be better than the original should not affect the warranty and would hope that the warranty should read more like "the quality of the OEM oil is the MINIMUM standard set for fluids, using oil of a lower standard may void your warranty" or words to that effect.

Anyway, really interested to hear how your trans temps are holding up with the new oil David. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Gary told me in no uncertain terms that using anything other than "GTR" fluid in the transmission will void the warranty. He said they will know because of the difference in colour and would reject any claim simply on that basis.
I've spoken to Gary and he came across as very knowledgable and a top bloke but from my point of view that statement simply isn't true, your warranty is not 'voided' because the trans fluid is a different colour! The whole point of the European Commission Regulation No. 1400/2002 means that providing the new fluid provider can issue a certificate stating that its 'of the same quality' then they can't refuse a warranty claim.

COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 1400/2002 Part 24:

Moreover, in order to facilitate this choice and
the sale of spare parts, which have been manufactured
according to the specifications and production and
quality standards provided by the vehicle manufacturer
for the production of components or spare parts, it is
presumed that spare parts constitute original spare parts,
if the spare part producer issues a certificate that the
parts are of the same quality as the components used for
the assembly of a motor vehicle and have been manufactured
according to these specifications and standards.
Other spare parts for which the spare part producer can
issue a certificate at any moment attesting that they
match the quality of the components used for the
assembly of a certain motor vehicle, may be sold as spare
parts of matching quality.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've spoken to Gary and he came across as very knowledgable and a top bloke but from my point of view that statement simply isn't true, your warranty is not 'voided' because the trans fluid is a different colour! The whole point of the European Commission Regulation No. 1400/2002 means that providing the new fluid provider can issue a certificate stating that its 'of the same quality' then they can't refuse a warranty claim.

COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 1400/2002 Part 24:
I don't doubt Gary is very knowledgeable, I am simply quoting my experience when going for my optimisation. That is EXACTLY what Gary told me and I have no reason to state otherwise. My service with MH so far has been sublime, but that's what I have been told. He said the engineers would see the trans oil is a different colour and know immediately it has been changed for a different brand and therefore not "GTR" oil as he put it.

Thanks for pointing out the EC Regs as I have been wanting to change the fluids due to my transmission reaching temps in excess of 110c far too easily. I'll seek some clarification on this point today and post findings here.

Edit: Apologies to David for the thread hijack!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts