GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have seen a R32 GT-R that I am very interested in but ... it lets off a big puff of grey smoke when you start it from cold and it lets off the same colour smoke on boost (that you can see easily in the mirrors).

This car is running 1.2 bar and has been dyno'd at 430bhp (hub power) with a Japanese set ECU (AFR is 10.4 on boost)

Could this be overfuelling? I thought fuel made black smoke?

Cheers for your advice,

Charlie

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
CharlieM said:
Hi everyone,

I have seen a R32 GT-R that I am very interested in but ... it lets off a big puff of grey smoke when you start it from cold and it lets off the same colour smoke on boost (that you can see easily in the mirrors).

This car is running 1.2 bar and has been dyno'd at 430bhp (hub power) with a Japanese set ECU (AFR is 10.4 on boost)

Could this be overfuelling? I thought fuel made black smoke?

Cheers for your advice,

Charlie
After warming the car up, the first run to 7krpm usually leaves lots of soot behind, but not smoke, and after that the exhaust gasses should basically be invisible.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I have seen this one two cars before, both of which ended up being fully rebuilt. Once was unknown cause, the other was becuase i think one of the turbos let go.

Have a think about any big power cars and skylines in general going up the strip - do you see smoke ****ing out of them?

I know what I would do.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the replies - I have been in some big power supras lately and none gave off even the slightest wiff of smoke on start-up or boost.

Some people say that this is due to the AFR the car is running though. I don't want to rule out a good car because I am interpreting fuel smoke as burning oil!

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
There are loads of cars to choose at the moment. I would not even consider a car that has any doubt on it's condition. Move on to another;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts