GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had installed hks twin plate (gd max?) to my r33 gtr, but I find it very on/off in 1st gear particularly after driven few miles when oil temp up, but ok when in other gears.Tried adjusting pedal in side car but no difference.any suggestions? or is it the norm?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Just had installed hks twin plate (gd max?) to my r33 gtr, but I find it very on/off in 1st gear particularly after driven few miles when oil temp up, but ok when in other gears.Tried adjusting pedal in side car but no difference.any suggestions? or is it the norm?
sounds about right its the initial take off from stand still which is a bit tricky unless your giving it some beans then its ok

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
clutch

Yes your right it is unsprung (looked on hks website). I take it then the gd max (sprung version) would be more user friendly? If so, is it possible to convert mine to gd max?

·
Registered
656 Posts
i think you can convert mate, but i would defo give it a while to bed in an for you to get used to it, sprug is more friendly but you will kill it launching, i got hks tripple pro, you do get used to it even if they are a bit annoying ,,,, hang in there for a while mate, going to cost about£200 just to get box out plus parts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
clutch

I bought clutch s/hand from tuner and was like new (covered approx 1500 miles) and had inspected / confirmed by my local tuner who installed recently.I didnt realise it was pro and that a max version was avaliable!.Looks like box has to come off again on wed due to poss rear core plug leaking oil? we changed rocker seals and half moons but no joy. Getting them to check clutch arm ,etc see if any improvements can be made?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After a few hundred miles must admit clutch has a bit more 'feel' when feeding in, think 'bedded in' now also had clutch arm lubed and oil change again. Feels a bit more user friendly!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I’m in a similar position as you as i have the triple plate HKS GD Pro clutch I’ve read that a Nismo clutch slave cylinder makes it a lot nicer to drive with a solid clutch like these, I’m unsure at the moment if to invest in one ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts