GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
I looked into this unit but dismissed it as it was rather bulky and ugly, plus the mounting options limited where I could put it (I hate windscreen mounts!).

At the moment there arent many new devices coming to market as satnavs with built in camera locations are killing these smaller companies.

A much stealthier device which I've used before is the MicroRoadpilot (not the "GO" version) but it does require a proper install. The flip side is that once installed (say by your mirror) it cant be seen from outside and as such it doesnt need to be removed each time you stop.

I've been hoping for new devices to be released for ages as all of them have issues, but it looks like I'll be waiting a while :(

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate. I would really like to go the whole hog and get the jammers and everything in. Don't really know where to go next with this?.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
I'm sticking with my TomTom 740 live at the moment until a better solution comes around.

As for the jammers, I'm more than happy to meet up somewhere (reasonable distance!) and let you shoot my setup. It'll scare you how quick a speed can be obtained using one of those things.

Where are you based buddy?

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi guys i live in the Nort West if i can tag on, ive been trying to work out which Jammers to go for that work as parking sensors (to try and stay on the right side of the law if pos)

Regards

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi
I have got a jammer (sorry parking sensor) fitted and would be happy to join in with any meet and show mine and see anybody elses (so to speak!).

I am in the north west.

Neil

·
Registered
968 Posts
I will have the stinger radar detector + jammer installed next month. Sadly I'm on the other side of the pond but will report my experiences with it.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Great response fellas.

Anybody have any ideas about a suitable location to meet and test stuff out?

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
The motley crew groweth........!!

Charles Charlie
WoREoD
GBH
njd
Zed Ed
bhp

Keep them names coming fellas!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately I am in S Wales and working flat out at the moment. Having said that, it might be a different story come October so if I can make it I will.

I hear a lot of you have jammers etc. but can you spec the manufacturers and websites please.

Cheers and chuffed my thread has potentially set up a mini meet!.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd like to come meets some of you guys, been wanting to see your carbon spoiler on a proper colour car CC!. Being only an hour ish away, be rude not to.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'd love to join up and see this kit, could you boys wait until october? thats the next time i'm free, i'll also have my GT-R by then.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Since were all in the North West im sure we can arrange to meet up more than once, ive got to make a decision on which laser jammers to go for (parking sensors) sooner rather than later....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts