GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really want to sort out some snow tires as clearly they are the only way to get around in this weather; there are various posts mentioning the different brands and performance etc, but how much should I be paying?!

I have never bought any before or even been out in a car with them fitted, so it would certainly be beneficial for me to go to the wheel n tyre place with an idea of best type and competitive prices..I am sure others have this problem also..

Please if you know anything then enlighten me!

N

YouTube - TheRealGranTurismo's Channel

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Assuming 17' wheels, about £100 a corner new.

Just find someone who imported a Jap car with Snow tyres on which isn't too uncommon. Thats what I did a year or so ago.. Have them on at the mo... No probs getting about :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
afaik there is only one snow tyre designed specifically for the gtr. it's sold in japan primarily for owners who live in hokkaido where it snows a lot.

the details are here: BLIZZAK WEB

and if you click on the box on the left "BLIZZAK RFT" it will download a PDF and in there are the sizes and models for the GT-R. the first GTR one is the rear. second GTR one is front.

actually i just found them on tirerack: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...35&rearDiameter=20&rearSortCode=60101&tab=All

hope this helps

tony

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got Pirelli Sottozero on, they are less expensive than the Bridgestones but non Runflat.
Though the sizes are the same.

Only difference to RFT's is that the car seems a bit less acute and far softer, but I won't race in the winter anyway so that's not a Problem (Oh and the Pirellis are good to 270km/h as opposed to 240km/h for the Blizzaks:chuckle:)

Cheers:wavey:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts