GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally done the deal + sold my lovely UK R34 :(

It's been a great car, by far the most solid + reliable car I've owned (not to mention the one that received the most attention)

Not only that, it's been a car that I've had the most stupidly sideways fun with.. despite only doing 7000 miles in it (+ 3000 miles at 90 degrees), I managed to go through 6-7 sets of tyres.

I've pencilled in a future purchase of another R34 in a year or so.. making it more of an au revoir, than a goodbye.

Thanks for all the support + guidance fellas.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Bye Bye (on this forum anyway!)

See ya David,
But I thought you didn't need to sell any of your cars? With the imminent sale of your F355, you might be down to just three or four cars soon!

I reckon a race R32/R33 lies somewhere in your future...

See you on the Evo Forum.

David (Yu).

p.s. That's my favourite book! (So long & thanks for all the fish)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe, I didn't need to sell the car for money reasons. But given the abuse I'd given it, there were things that were sure to go wrong that wouldn't be covered under warranty.

I might just keep the F355 :p

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
You must be fairly confident the new owner doesn't visit this Forum!:D

Maybe catch up on an Evo active track day and I'll show you how an F355 should perform! (yeah yeah I know, when it's not messing around in gravel traps...:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi geezajob, not sure if you remember me but you gave me a most thrilling ride in your car around Bedford earlier in the year (on 1st set of tyres for that day :) )

Shame you're getting rid, hope to see you again soon with your next sideways manouevre.

All the best,

Jim

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course I remember you Jim, that was a great day @ Bedford.

I'll be at the SIDC day at Dono in the F355 on Sunday if anyone else is going and wants to say "Hi".

I expect to be at other upcoming SIDC days getting some car or other out of shape ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Somebody bought the car? I guess they didn't see the footage / pictures of the car at various airfield then? :D

Shame you are selling David, as I was looking forward to another lap or two of Elvington at 90 degrees, but without the little excursion onto the grass. :D :p

Good luck in whatever you go for next, and I hope to see you back in the land of GTR ownership soon.

I'll be at Dono on Sunday, so will pop over and say hi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.