GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the speculation it now looks to be a 3.6 TT GT-R based on the 350gt VQ engine. No suprises here as it has been testing along side a 350gt and a 911. Bit suprised they didn't go with the supercharged version though.
And the biggest dispute will be that they are going to keep the 'Skyline' name going as seen on the back of this Japanese photo shoot . I for one am glad :bowdown1:
Prestige Motorsport - CONFIRMED ~ 2007 Skyline GT-R 3.6L Twin Turbo ! - General News - News

Come on people you must be liking it now :smokin:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Kewl ,, looks like no4 in the line of great Skylines then but a techno turning point:) :popcorn: cant w8 2 c one in the flesh

·
6,821 Posts
First) it's a repost.
Second) it should have been in the 2008 GTR section
Third) Prestige Motorsports would also confirm the comeback of Jesus, if it's to attract peoples to their site.( the advert is from 08.06.06)

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Good spot :chairshot :chairshot

So why, even though its an old prototype shoot, did Nissan put 'Skyline ' on the rear if as being reported they intend on dropping the name.:confused:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
oh and the g35 by me is regarded as a fake skyline. And if nissan bring something out like the g35, I know I wont be putting a deposit down.
Come to think of it... I dont know anyone on GTROC that owns one??? :nervous:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh and the g35 by me is regarded as a fake skyline. And if nissan bring something out like the g35, I know I wont be putting a deposit down.
Come to think of it... I dont know anyone on GTROC that owns one??? :nervous:
Yawn !!!!

How was Nissan going to bring out a car like the BNR34 shape and grunt with all the competition out there and keep it within government restrictions that are bound to get tighter? dont get me wrong my first desire was a GT-R but 5-7 years on the car and shape are getting old .
The 350gt was released in late 2003 so as they are imports only its no suprise they are just coming into the UK, im sure each model of the GT-R took a few years before surfacing over here.

So are you saying you dont like what they have done to the new GT-R as even though its possible you would be in a majority on here(for obvious reasons) you would definately be in the minority accross the Jap performance boards as most love the new shape.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Im not saying the new GT-R isnt good looking, its missing alot. skyline ethusiasts dont just buy a skyline because of the shape, alot has to do with the engine.
Put it this way, I wouldnt buy a 34 with a 300zx engine init. would you? I want my RB. All I saying is the new GTR has alot to live up to, given its long absense.
Also its not a skyline, its called a GT-R not a skyline, From what we have so far with bits of information.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not saying the new GT-R isnt good looking, its missing alot. skyline ethusiasts dont just buy a skyline because of the shape, alot has to do with the engine.
Put it this way, I wouldnt buy a 34 with a 300zx engine init. would you? I want my RB. All I saying is the new GTR has alot to live up to, given its long absense.
Also its not a skyline, its called a GT-R not a skyline, From what we have so far with bits of information.
Ok i understand so how about this deserving the 'Skyline' tag, it has an APS twin turbo set up on the 3.5 VQ engine and does 0-60 circa 4.2
Would you call it ugly, im just interested, not looking to argue.
By the way there are a few 350gt owners emerging on the skyliner owners club board.

·
6,821 Posts
And for more speculations, the jap. magazines are talking about a the Fairlady 380GT, wich will probably have a 3.8 VQ bloc and 350HP in late 2007.
:blahblah:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts