GTR Forum banner

181 - 200 of 981 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Greddy elbows and downpipe bought on here for a good price arrived today, look v. nice indeed.

Also bought a set of R34GTR wheels so I've got something to shuffle the car about on when it gets back together, as the Do Lucks are going to be some time on the boat from Japan.

It's easy this spending.:thumbsup:

Other than that just waiting for bits of metal to come back....

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Just to show, we went to a lot of trouble to get an exact colour match for the engine bay on the yellow GTR...which is kind of beige.:)

After a clean up, a brush up, some treatment and a respray I thought this was looking pretty good!

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #184 (Edited)
Car is starting to come back together!

I should add nothing was replaced, the strut tops were very clean. We just made sure everything was treated. :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'm pretty sure they're pretty much bulletproof once they're galvanized Toni :thumbsup:, by the way, we're ya happy with the wheels?

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
I have had a quick look at rogue and they look good cheers chap.

/pondering next move.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Zinc coated parts are back!

Thats all looking awesome there Toni, I've gone with a more stealth look myself, not into the bling so much, as my car will be driven all year round! But those parts look better than new, would be a shame to slap Paint over them!

POR15 do have a clear version of their rust protection, however as they say its not UV stable and i've tried it and it dose go yellow, but there is also a two component clear coating, GLISTEN PC GLISTEN PC-POR-15 Inc.

I think the Zinc coating should be good enough for a while, but it is still just a coating, and as its exposed to the elements it will oxidise and start to look very tiered, even if the steel underneath is not corroding! I didnit bother with the coating, as i intend to keep the car for a long time, and the POR adders and performs best when applied to seasoned metal, but If you really wanted to go ott then you could spray this over as well which should also keep it looking shiny forever!
:thumbsup:

181 - 200 of 981 Posts