GTR Forum banner

381 - 400 of 981 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
If i remember correctly it was about 4800 for a full respray including enginebay on a E9 bmw coupe, a project im helping get done.
The quality is outstanding with no errors anywhere.

As you have already found out, good quality comes with a pricetag, although 6000 is abit much. Are they taking all glass out etc?

Sports Car Restoration, Vintage and Classic Car Restoration, Surrey, London seems like a High quality place from what i have seen, might be worth contacting them.

Edit: i have no idea if they are even near-ish you.

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
I don't need the engine bay done, it's already up to factory beigey yellow spec.

So it's restoration of all external paintwork, possibly door shuts and the beginnings of rust on rear arches.

I'm willing to pay for a quality job, but £6K sounded a lot!

·
Premium Member
8,083 Posts
Nozza1 on here had a complete windows out spray job done and knowing him as good as I do he wouldn't have taken it anywhere where the job would not be 100%! I'm sure it was atleast £2k less than that too, worth dropping him a pm? The place he used was in Birmingham City Centre

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
And while I'm here, what do you think guys. Nismo Z tunes wings yes or no?
Bonnet? I am kind of fancying a V-Spec II bonnet....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I'd search for a better price. Think last one I had done was 3k but next one god knows as it's bare metal engine out jobie :-(

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Have had a chat with Abbey, going to take it up there I think as I might want one or two tweeks while I am at it.:chuckle:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
6K for a respray? daylight robbery

You need to find someone who does high quality work and doesn't judge a car by what make it is! Someone who looks at a skyline and says yeah nice nissan there it will cost £3K to for a car this size. find the right painter, have a look at what cars they have done to give you an idea of their work.

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
So....Nismo or VSpec II bonnet guys?

Other decision, Nismo LMGTs or TE37 SLs with yellow sticker....

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Nismo LM GT4's will always be the most exclusive, not least as they have now been discontinued by Omori, but we may still be able to get one last set..

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Vspec2 bonnet if you have the standard front bumper.

As for wheels, I would say that last set Newera have of those Nismo Omori wheels. They would work perfectly against the yellow coachwork and your nice AP calipers. Well at least I think you were running AP calipers..

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Yes buy those Nismo wheels Toni. Just mention my name to Matty or Miguel and you will get an awesome discount. Or I might get some freebies! :D

381 - 400 of 981 Posts