GTR Forum banner

601 - 620 of 940 Posts

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Avoid these kinds of places in a weekend car it's only an opportunity for chavs who hang about retail parks with a fast food outlet to eye it up or damage it out of jealousy. A Skyline always has a presence and it's like flies to shit.... Car looks amazing!:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Avoid these kinds of places in a weekend car it's only an opportunity for chavs who hang about retail parks with a fast food outlet to eye it up or damage it out of jealousy. A Skyline always has a presence and it's like flies to shit.... Car looks amazing!:)
Agreed, I'm experiencing the same issue here, can't park anywhere without people coming over to 'talk'. Even on the road i often get some numbnut asking me for give it a rev.

One night while obeying the speed limit driving home, i saw a sudden flash behind me and i was like wtf? Only to see another numbnut coming out of my blind spot who was taking photos with his flash camera:mad:

Your car looks awsome toni, love the colour...

·
Super Moderator
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #604
More photos coming....laptop packed up so having issues downloading them, typical!

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Love that under bonnet shot :cool:

Wheels are lovely but car makes them look small, think its the colour.
I wouldn't use spacers either though.

Overall that's a lovely labour of love you have there.

Ah! Its because you have left the lines of the car pretty much alone. I like it even more now :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Thought you was getting 'genuine' stickers in yellow?:confused:

Can understand you wanted to go 18", l have a set of Rays 19"x 10.5" for show and a set of SSR type 'C' 18"x 10" for track use (lighter than Rays and rare as RHS!), you could have still gone wider with the wheel and thicker on the rubber, would have suited the car better.

There are a lot off handling parts available that would of helped in bringing back that OEM feel/handling that you wanted to retain., something l have been playing with.

Careful choice of wheels can be the difference between a 'legend' or just a 'nice car'.

Sorry if l have come across as being harsh.

Just my 2p worth.

No chap, I am a stickler for genuine, I'm getting a refund and re-ordering from a Euro supplier.:)

No Worries, you seem to have everything under control

:confused: Original yellow? l'd like to see the packaging, would have thought, if you cant get them from Rays.jp, you cant get then anywhere so you'd have to get them made.

I have the originals in red, Rays vinyl stickers are pretty poor compared to the quality you could have them made out of, especially if you plan on doing a few track days with amount of heat generated. Suppose it depends on how hard you drive.

·
Super Moderator
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #618
Yeah Rays stopped doing the yellow, and since I didn't want a copy I ended up with this years colour which is silver.

I am happy with the car, not bothered about stance, spacers or any of that stuff. It drives like OEM without me having to fret about wheels rubbing etc. I'm a happy girl! And too old to care about being cool. ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
The car looks awesome, congrats on the perseverance - no doubts its been tough. As a side note, have you considered carbon spoiler legs? I wonder if it would be too much?

Does this mean you would consider selling the 'cool' plate by any chance?
I'm sure any proposing buyer would be forming part of a long line. :chuckle:

601 - 620 of 940 Posts