GTR Forum banner

661 - 680 of 974 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #661
First proper run out today to the GTROC - and I've got hesitation issues. Sometimes it's fine, others it seems to miss and won't boost.
Sigh.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
I had this problem recently Toni on my R32. Combination of boost leaks, some tubing need replacing as it had perished & a new cam-angle sensor - all good now!

·
Registered
24,982 Posts
as stated, its going to be plugs, (have you changed these for new recently?)

if not do it anyway.

afms - clean them up

coils - prob the issue.

·
Super Moderator
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #666
I had new coils just before it went off the road, upgraded ones. I am thinking lambda issues.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Check the ceramic area for cracks on the spark plugs, it was the cause of the hesitation/misfire on our car, also have new uprated coil packs.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
First proper run out today to the GTROC - and I've got hesitation issues. Sometimes it's fine, others it seems to miss and won't boost.
Sigh.

Great to see the car yesterday - looking good - shame about the rear carbon blade - just doesn't look right! LOL.

NO - I don't want to but one.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
As an old codger I've been rustproofing cars since 1975 using Waxoyl and now Dynax S50 which allegedly is better than Waxoyl.

I get this done annually at Autumn time on all the family's cars by the small garage which services our cars. The guy uses an air powered spray gun. The latest to get this treatment is my Stagea which was fresh from Japan so quite clean underneath.

Attached Dropbox link for photos. I think this system works quite well. I apply solid Waxoyl underseal in the wheel arch area.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ysq6h58d33n01zt/AABt41Zy0bGUsjJHXqFGDhuZa?dl=0

·
Super Moderator
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #670
Right then, with the help of Ross and telephone directions from RK I've unplugged both lambdas. Result - runs smooth and like a dream. So convinced it is one or both of them. Since the car runs fine without them I will be leaving as is for now.

·
Super Moderator
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #680
Thanks Kadir, that is a nice photo! (Apart from the spaced out look on my face, LOL)

661 - 680 of 974 Posts