GTR Forum banner

961 - 974 of 974 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
LOL that was the cleanest they could get them!
So they couldn't blast the parts ? I would be genuinely pissed and I wouldn't let the car leave until that's done properly if I had to put so much money and stress to have it rebuild the way it is now.

·
Administrator
31,395 Posts
So they couldn't blast the parts ? I would be genuinely pissed and I wouldn't let the car leave until that's done properly if I had to put so much money and stress to have it rebuild the way it is now.
considering the attention to detail I'd assume they'd tried everything. My guess is that they are a porous material.

·
Super Moderator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #970
You guys!! In all honesty they asked me and I said, they're underneath the car, I can't see them...! I don't think a bit of dullness on the gearbox is really of that much concern....they are totally corrosion free which is the main point!

190 Posts
They can be made much better - I can find out if you want. - or is it too late now?
Just for the record, we could get the gearbox looking like new if we were to strip it and vapor blast it like the rest of the project but a line has to be drawn at a point and the engine and gearbox was where Toni drew the line. With our advice, splitting an engine and gearbox would have taken the time scales and cost spiraling to the next level, therefore, gave it good steam clean and left it at that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just for the record, we could get the gearbox looking like new if we were to strip it and vapor blast it like the rest of the project but a line has to be drawn at a point and the engine and gearbox was where Toni drew the line. With our advice, splitting an engine and gearbox would have taken the time scales and cost spiraling to the next level, therefore, gave it good steam clean and left it at that.
Thanks for the clarifications (y)

961 - 974 of 974 Posts