GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know what you're thinking....

It's too bright. - Click your avatar/initial on the top right, click account settings, select preferences, select dark mode.

Where did my avatar go? -Chances are, if it was linked from another site, it's insecure. Just upload a new one. If it's not displaying right you can adjust it in the settings again.

My pictures aren't showing - give it some time, it will take a while to fully sync.

I hate it, I can't find anything - relax, it's a forum. its different but it's intuitive. Anyone posting "I'm off" messages will be openly mocked if I ever see them online again, so don't bother.

Why change it, there was nothing wrong before - except the search function didn't work, uploading pictures was horrific, the mobile version was awful, Google hated it, vbulletin is old clunky and insecure, young people don't know how forums work, blah blah blah. Fact is, if we don't do this, the forum WILL die.

Too many ads - pretty sure you use other social media, watch football or formula one or watch network television. Ads are part of life, get used to it. There WILL be changes but for now, suck it up

Why can't I edit a thread, - same as before, there is a time limit.

Where are my PM's - they're now called conversations, in your settings, top right

I posted a thread and I can't see it in new posts - uncheck the "unread only" check box, it won't show you threads you've read and the assumption is that you read what you wrote.

It's too much like Facebook, to much space, whats all this likes, medals and other stupid stuff - welcome to 2020 Grandad, suck it up

I've watchd over 300 sites migrate, I think that is the majority of initial niggles but whatever "beef" you have, tell me and I'll set you straight.

I am SO pleased we have upgraded, I know LOTS of you will initially hate it but I am here to guide you.

Mookistar - GTR admin for over 15 years

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Loving the positivity guys. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Fucking hate it. I can’t stand mobile enhanced crap. Can’t see any way of exiting it and using proper full webpage on a mobile device.

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fucking hate it. I can’t stand mobile enhanced crap. Can’t see any way of exiting it and using proper full webpage on a mobile device.
Over 60% of traffic come from mobile. So, it’s not mobile enhanced, it’s adaptive. You can’t exit because it’s not a skin. It’s the same layout.

sorry babes.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Well I won’t be here much then. This mobile layout is garbage. I surf every webpage in its desktop version for a good reason. Pinch and zoom and all that. Laters

Reactions: MS33

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I won’t be here much then. This mobile layout is garbage. I surf every webpage in its desktop version for a good reason. Pinch and zoom and all that. Laters
I’ve been using it for a few weeks now. Once you get used to it, it’s so much better than the old site. Its your perogative but it’s because it’s different not that it’s worse.
hang in there.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
No, it’s not about being different, it’s about being a rubbish, small, limited size on my mobile that I never ever want or use.
The fact that I can’t opt out of the mobile view on my iOS device is why I won’t be here anywhere near as much.
Pinch and zoom works exceptionally well for browsing full sized websites. It removes the need for a piss poor pint sized version that lacks info on a single screen.
That’s why.
Mobile views have been around for years in part to allow users of devices without pinch and zoom to access webpages easier.

If I wanted to view this pint sized rubbish I’d use tapatalk which again I don’t because I want all the info and images in front of me, not hidden.

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can’t see the issue. I’ve been using the desktop version of the old site on mobile for over 10 years. Never used tapatalk. Never used the enchanced mobile view, always pinch and zoom. And using this feels no different to me. Shame you won’t be on as much but you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,128 Posts
If I put the mobile site on my dog and bone into mobile version (i.e. default) it just looks like the desktop site but slimmer page (i.e.it's resized to fit my mobile screen). If I select desktop version then it looks like the desktop site, only with smaller text.

I can pinch and zoom on either the desktop site or the mobile site on my phone.

Full site mode:

Mobile mode:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
How do you select desktop site when on your phone?

·
Ooo Matron !
2,128 Posts
How do you select desktop site when on your phone?
Select the three vertical dots in your browser (not the site) and this pops up:

then click the "select desktop site" and Bob's your auntie's live in lover.

I'm using the Chrome running on a Galaxy S10.

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
iOS doesn’t request it, despite saying it will. So. An iOS flaw. not the forums. Lol

1 - 20 of 78 Posts