GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Is there a search facility?

I cannot find it, given the number of complaints about repeated questions on the same subject, it would be good to make it obvious
Quite literally at the top of every page. ‘Search community’

and what’s more. It actually works.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
The only thing I cant seem to find (at present) how to do is get to the latest unread post in any thread I've previously read. Seems to got to post #1.

I use to be able to go 'new posts' then click the '*' to go to the first unread post. I will monitor as I've only been on a few times since the upgrade.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
New format seems bright and fresh. Being a more "mature" user no doubt it will take me time to navigate around all of the changes. One thing I can't find is the old "members list'. I used to find it useful to search user's history if, for example buying or selling something to avoid possible scammers. Is this functionality still there?

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
See it now Jimbostir,

Thanks

Even works on 3 letter words like EGT, that's soooo much better
and it uses machine learning, so over time the results will get even more accurate. i.e. if 200 people search EGT, and all read the same thread, that thread rises amongst the results

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
New format seems bright and fresh. Being a more "mature" user no doubt it will take me time to navigate around all of the changes. One thing I can't find is the old "members list'. I used to find it useful to search user's history if, for example buying or selling something to avoid possible scammers. Is this functionality still there?
Hi ****,
2 ways, click a username and you'll see all a users stats, where you can click "replies" to see how many posts.

or

on the hompeage click the Community staff thing and you'll go to the Members page where you can search by name.

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The only thing I cant seem to find (at present) how to do is get to the latest unread post in any thread I've previously read. Seems to got to post #1.

I use to be able to go 'new posts' then click the '*' to go to the first unread post. I will monitor as I've only been on a few times since the upgrade.
Can't lie, I'm not sure on this. If you click the time there was a last post (i.e. 1 hour ago, a moment ago etc it will take you to that post).
There's a thread being run by the team who did the switch, here. Defo worth asking as they have a tonne of tutorials and that is the only thread they actively monitor

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Hi ****,
2 ways, click a username and you'll see all a users stats, where you can click "replies" to see how many posts.

or

on the hompeage click the Community staff thing and you'll go to the Members page where you can search by name.

cheers Mook (y)

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Shouldn’t be. The ads are designed to be minimal in impact. Certainly wouldn’t affect typing. You running any plugins?

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Can't lie, I'm not sure on this. If you click the time there was a last post (i.e. 1 hour ago, a moment ago etc it will take you to that post).
There's a thread being run by the team who did the switch, here. Defo worth asking as they have a tonne of tutorials and that is the only thread they actively monitor

Sorry Mook, but that URL gives me an 'Oops'

41 - 60 of 78 Posts