GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the way my car is set up for the lighting is as follows.

My sidelights are LED a nice blue colour which im happy with

Dipped are full H.I.D that go from a real deep blue to bright white after a few secs.

The only problem I have is the full beam are bulbs and iv no idea why but this is how the car was when I purchased her, some have told me that the japanese do it this way or something I dont know.

All I need to know is what do I need just to het the full beam running the same sort of H.I.D's as my dipped?

Cheers for the help guys.

Jamie

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't get HID's for full beam... It's a pain when you have to flash people
Ok so how come it was not set up like that already? Are you telling me that I already have everything in place to run high and low beam off the current H.I.D's?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Some moden OEM HID projectors have a solenoid activated shield that switch between full beam/dipped beam by moving the shield up and down in the projector housing.

The R33's do not have such projectors, they use two different bulbs, one for the dipped beam and one for the high beam. If you want HID's in your high beam (which I do not recommend) then get an H1 HID kit from ebay and you're done.

What you can also do, is to modify your lights/indicators stalk so that you can run dipped beam and high beam in the same time.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some moden OEM HID projectors have a solenoid activated shield that switch between full beam/dipped beam by moving the shield up and down in the projector housing.

The R33's do not have such projectors, they use two different bulbs, one for the dipped beam and one for the high beam. If you want HID's in your high beam (which I do not recommend) then get an H1 HID kit from ebay and you're done.

What you can also do, is to modify your lights/indicators stalk so that you can run dipped beam and high beam in the same time.
Thanks for the reply mate, ok so why would you not recommend running HID High beam and if I do decide that I want my high beam HID what is my best option buying the kit or to mod my current set up will they both give me the same results?

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
Because when you flash you full beam on they need a second or two to heat up thus meaning by the time they have heated up you probably wont need them on!!!! And unless you do the Mod to indicator stalks as mentioned your low beam will be off at this time so vissibility will be crap durring high beam warm up!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because when you flash you full beam on they need a second or two to heat up thus meaning by the time they have heated up you probably wont need them on!!!! And unless you do the Mod to indicator stalks as mentioned your low beam will be off at this time so vissibility will be crap durring high beam warm up!
Ah ok I get what your saying so is this mainly the reason do you think why my car has the set up it has? Go most GTRs have this set up with HID low and bulbs high?

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
I have the same set up om my 33

Do the mod on the indicator stalk so that your low beam stays on at all time when you flash it makes a diff. :thumbsup: Also costs not a lot :clap:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same set up om my 33

Do the mod on the indicator stalk so that your low beam stays on at all time when you flash it makes a diff. :thumbsup: Also costs not a lot :clap:
So if I do that mod does that mean that ill still have the bulbs for high beam but as you say when I flash my HID low beam will still be on? I would be very happy with that option.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Just a thought but why not get some of the Xenon type bulbs. They look like HIDs but are just normal bulbs. Then you'll still be able to flash your lights etc.

NB I'd still mod the lights so that the low beams stay on with the high beam.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
So if I do that mod does that mean that ill still have the bulbs for high beam but as you say when I flash my HID low beam will still be on? I would be very happy with that option.
Spot on chap Low beam is on ALL the time and does not cut out when you flash high beam, it will extend the life of the HIDs and just use H1 bulbs for the high beam. they will penetrate over and above the HIDs on high beam JUST but hey the HIDS are on all the time.

Best regards Alan

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spot on chap Low beam is on ALL the time and does not cut out when you flash high beam, it will extend the life of the HIDs and just use H1 bulbs for the high beam. they will penetrate over and above the HIDs on high beam JUST but hey the HIDS are on all the time.

Best regards Alan
Cheers alan mate, do you have a step by step guide to doing the mod at all please mate?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts