GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a R33 V-spec GTR with normal suspension. Although the ride is fine for average to good road surfaces, some of the the surfaces where I live are poor and you feel the bumps badly. Can you come up with some good ideas to improve the the ride? For example, what about a softer tyre; the car came with Michelin Sport 265's (extra load - whatever that means!) on the front and back? Perhaps a suspension change - what do you think?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Are you sure the car is sitting on standard suspension?

The standard car shouldn't be an issue TBH.

Are the tyres Jap spec? they can be harsh for UK roads, personally I'd change them for some Falkens, which should improve things.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Having driven V spec 33's and 34's i can understand your comments especialy on B roads. I hade my springs changed on them By Abbey Motorsport for revised spring rates to suit UK roads. Transformed the ride and enjoyment with out altering the overall performance, :)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I have the same problem as you, the car is very harsh on 265/35/18.
However a couple of weeks ago i bought some standard wheels 245/45/17 and for normal driving it is alot more comfortable and quieter.
The standard rims are now for my normal driving and the lower wider ones are for my trackdays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts