GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a somewhat unexpected turn of fate, my gorgeous satin red 650r GTR is sold!

It's bizarre as I didn't even advertise it, but the new owner tracked me down through Andrew186 on this forum......I'd had the car six months and all things considered let it go to a very good home

I don't normally think twice after I sell a car but I am feeling quite empty having seen the best car I have owned drive away........I'll never get another one like it as it really was unique and brilliant in every way

I'm asking myself why I sold it now but I guess it was a financial decision and I'm sure I'll be back at some point soon......

·
R35 Section manager
11,169 Posts
Good lord man you made a mistake selling that!

Wont be long till your next one

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good lord man you made a mistake selling that!

Wont be long till your next one
I'll probably end up buying a facelift before long!.....I don't think anything drives like a gtr

Having said that my licence was constantly at risk so maybe this period of rest is a blessing!

·
Registered
832 Posts
You're definitely going to miss it. That was such a unique looking car, nice to know its coming back to the Midlands.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
You are a bad boy, you obviously didn***8217;t read the GTR Owners book when you purchase your car !!!!!

RULE number 1, NEVER SELL YOUR GTR !!!! (That***8217;s why I still have two ! ) LOL

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
It's just a car. :)

An impressive one, admittedly.
But it could be an oppertunity to either upgrade or try something different!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure what to get next either. ...would like a fast saloon but not sure which pne at this stage.....nothing will compare to the gtr in terms of performance

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Maybe focus on fun, not speed?
You can have just as much fun at a lower speed in a less capable car.
You just can't tell your mates that you overtook EVERYONE in the process.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Maybe focus on fun, not speed?
You can have just as much fun at a lower speed in a less capable car.
You just can't tell your mates that you overtook EVERYONE in the process.
This is very true....I have a 61 plate Clio Sport 200 with cup pack, recaro's etc etc and its definitely as much fun as my 35 but in a totally different way. With circa 200bhp its never going to set any speed records but it is such an engaging car to drive and there something intoxicating about having to work something so much harder to extract the most from it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Just bought this beauty..finally after a long wait..I'm buzzing!!!

Got the tyres done today (MPSS) and off to SVM in the morning for a service and a couple of tweeks...and a few cosmetic upgrades ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi mr sha....a fine choice of car I must say!

Do let us know how the car performs on the new MPSS tyres...

And cosmetic upgrades?.....tell us more!

Seriously, you've got a fantastic machine there....I loved every minute of it and hope you do too

Regards, ash

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Just bought this beauty..finally after a long wait..I'm buzzing!!!

Got the tyres done today (MPSS) and off to SVM in the morning for a service and a couple of tweeks...and a few cosmetic upgrades ;)
errr, what Beauty ????

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
This is very true....I have a 61 plate Clio Sport 200 with cup pack, recaro's etc etc and its definitely as much fun as my 35 but in a totally different way. With circa 200bhp its never going to set any speed records but it is such an engaging car to drive and there something intoxicating about having to work something so much harder to extract the most from it.
Yep, hence I went back to my roots this summer and bought a nice 240bhp rear wheel drive, engine in the correct place with the gearbox in the middle, weighing in at 1140 kgs, fantastic 50, 50 weight distribution. I love it but also love the power and torque of my GTR

·
Registered
341 Posts
Saw this car driving through Birmingham city centre this afternoon. It was almost like when you see a famous person!

Nearly scared the life out of the Mrs as I was screaming "LOOOOK"!!
Got a pic on my phone as evidence and everything!

Looks really nice in real life.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know tell me about it Andrew!..thats fate for you (for those of you who don't know I missed buying this GTR back in May by a few hours!!! and have been looking for an exceptional example since, but could not find until now!!)..the car wasn't even advertised this time round!

Also, a big thank you to SVM for taking care of my GTR on Friday..apparently the car was on a low boost map setting..and I was driving round thinking I've got used to the power and I'm ready for the 750R package..UNTIL!!!..SVM tweeked the settings and adjusted the boost to MAXIMUM..ONLY THEN I realised how quick the car is.. THE GTR IS A MACHINE..A BALLISTIC ONE...NOTHING LIKE I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!..a scary ONE hour drive back home in heavy rain with the biggest smile ever..ALL AT THE SAME TIME..THANKS SVM!!! :chuckle:

And Yes mate that was me in Birmingham on Saturday just showing a few friends the new ride..should have asked for an autograph?haha

Hope to stay in touch with many of you..especially those around the Midlands! And a big thank you to Ash who made the sale a pleasant one..top lad too :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts