GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great sadness that I have sold my car due partly to the increasing cost of ownership. As Clarkson once put it, the incessant war by environmentalists and safety campaigners on these sorts of cars will drive them into the history books - probably sooner rather than later.

It's been a fun 7 years and even driving to the shops has put a smile on my face.

·
Registered
25,646 Posts
Sad to hear, least you enjoyed it

what exact ongoing cost is there ? Fuel, tyres tax and servicing ?

depends on partly how many miles you do id guess

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the face of an all-electric future, cars like these will become the dinosaurs of the very near future.

·
Registered
25,646 Posts
maybe in 15 years time, but not overnight.

The electric charging stations and networks (outside of Tesla) is not really setup for it. Definitely not in the UK.

Range etc and all the other topics that people talk about.

just my view.

·
R35 Section manager
10,970 Posts
Pleased to hear you car has gone Zed.
Did you trade it in the end?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I have a "dinosaur" for fun and a milk float (Tesla Model 3 Performance) which is more the daily but still fun.
I think the switch will be before 2030

·
Registered
286 Posts
Am keeping my Dinosaur for as long as I can! But I think the new daily will probably be Hybrid or electric

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Why a battery or hybrid? Anything to do with government pressure away from ICE to batteries?:(🌳

·
Registered
286 Posts
Why a battery or hybrid? Anything to do with government pressure away from ICE to batteries?:(
No major reason but since starting a new job I have been spending a lot of money on fuel! My daily just now is a Audi S4

Am keen to try out new electric vehicles in the future. I wouldn’t buy one at the moment as the only models I like cost too much but in 5 years time I think there will be some good models to choose from.

I will of course still keep the GTR it’s here to stay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts