GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first time taking some pics of a car use day to day, here some of a 2002 Merc CL600 :) taken yesterday, after i was challanged to attempt a burnout with it :p sadly i couldnt get pics of that but here are some pics i did grab. Crits are welcome :)

:)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Love the CL class, is it the 6.3 bi-turbo V12.

Also where were those pics taken looks like Achna near Larnaca?

Tony

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Nice

Looks nearly as big as the Trident in the background

I would like the V12 Twin turbo

Nigel

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha wish it was the turbo, no its the nasp V12, Pic were taken in Nicosia :D up at the UN base there. Friend of mine got us in and had a good blast about the old airport, left a few tire marks :p

·
Registered
162 Posts
Very nice. Popping out to Tala on Wednesday. How's the weather? :D

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
haha wish it was the turbo, no its the nasp V12, Pic were taken in Nicosia :D up at the UN base there. Friend of mine got us in and had a good blast about the old airport, left a few tire marks :p

Oh at the old airport in Nicosia...nice bet that was a blast with all that runway...:chuckle: :chuckle: .

Tony

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lots of fun, that V12 the sound is amazing :)

drb5, its pretty nice down here , been sunny, but the nights get to that juuustt right feeling. if you know what i mean. not been overly hot tho, but nice and sunny.

haha was doing some silly slides with the ESP off but the MPs (military popo) was getting a little...watchful :p so we left in a hurry.

Trying to convince the old man to trade it in and get the 2007 CL63 AMG, thats looks like a real mean car. but he like the softer luxuary ride more than the skin burning performance :p

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
lots of fun, that V12 the sound is amazing :)

drb5, its pretty nice down here , been sunny, but the nights get to that juuustt right feeling. if you know what i mean. not been overly hot tho, but nice and sunny.

haha was doing some silly slides with the ESP off but the MPs (military popo) was getting a little...watchful :p so we left in a hurry.

Trying to convince the old man to trade it in and get the 2007 CL63 AMG, thats looks like a real mean car.
What about the BRABUS version :flame: :flame: Serious car been in 1 a while back GOD DAMN thats all i got to say.:smokin:

Tony

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i wantend to send this to them , cause it comes back as a different car, but ive got some other plans right now that require my financial attention :p not to mention im moving to snow covered canada soon :D

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sure is...if you like walking up with snot-sicles haha nah, my Girl is there and we just got a Husky pup, and i moved from Vancouver to Ottawa, so yeah lots of runnin about.

ah well, haha getting far off the topic :p

Thanks for all the comments.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good stuff Rain. Been over a few times now, as the parents have a place there.

Would love to move out there myself, but i dunno if i have the balls to seel up completely and take the chance.

Indeed, back on topic for a lush lookin car. :D

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah nice nice, yes it seems to be the place where most British citizens come to retire :p BUT if you plan on coming before that, word of warning, is mega expensive to bring cars here, did a quick Calc to bring an R32 from one of the members here, sold in the UK for about 9500 by the time you are done with taxes and duty payments, its 19,500 CYP haha so yeah pretty damn nuts.

Anyway, yeah the CL is pretty nice as a touring car actually, haha the seats can even give yer back a rub down while you drive!!! ill try to grab some interior pics tommrow :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Lol. There's that many good jap cars over there i'd prolly not bother and just one over there. Mind you, i've yet to see a GTR! Plenty scoobs and evos, but no Skylines.

Hopefully catch some of the WRC when i'm over too, but i've heard the weather ain't supposed to be great for the next week. :(

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Aye it was actually a little nipy today!! dunno about if you are going to the beach but yeah nice enough for say, BBQs up in the mountains.

Hmmm, there are a few GTRs, more 32s really but they hardly drive them here cause the cops give locals a hard time :p with tuned cars.

There is one Stock R34 for sale near me, but i cant justify the use of money on a car right now, got other things to take care of.

But yes yo are right lots of EVOs and Scoobs, Tuning is basiclly outlawed here. A guy i know spent alot of money putting a TypeR engine in to a Old Mini and had it taken away a week later by the cops!! he wasnt doing nothing silly, there is just this huge gray area here with such things, because of recent deaths by silly people who tune their cars and think they are part of the F&F Crew that can walk away from any thing.

So far i know of two GTR 33s and 34s and a few 32s, all of which (appart from the one i stated above) are really tuned. dunno numbers cause for some reason they all seem to be right cocks. Comment on how their car looks good and they gave me a real bad look like i just abused their sisters or something :p haha i dunno.

bah im rambling.. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts