Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I know this is a difficult time for everybody who knew Rob, and i appreciate i may be in the minority here, but I feel very strongly about the poor lady who died in the accident.

The police have now released her name and a little bit about her, and I feel that as much as we mourn Tweenies loss, another family mourns the loss of thier daughter and partner.

I hope people don't feel i'm guilt tripping them by making them read this, but please take a look at the following link

The Harlow Herald - UPDATE: Family remembers woman who died in fatal car crash in Harlow on Saturday
THE family of a woman who died in a double fatal crash in Harlow on Saturday afternoon have paid tribute to her.

Nicola Newland, 38, from Rivermill, Harlow died in the four-car collision on Third Avenue shortly after 4pm. A 31-year-old Hoddeston man, named as Robert Gallagher, was also killed in the crash.

Nicola's family have issued the following statement: "Nicky leaves her husband Lee, mother and father, sister and nephew. She lived in Harlow for the past 12 years and married Lee in Las Vegas in November 2007 after a whirlwind romance. He husband says that he did not have enough time with Nicky, who he loved with all his heart.

"Nicky was goalkeeper for Harlow Ladies Hockey Club, and was returning from a match at the time of the crash. She worked in London for the Royal Bank of Scotland."

Her family have asked that they are allowed time to grieve in private.
I know there are lots of conversations about fund raising, and know it may be crass to include this family in that fund raising, but it might be nice if people consider the role the Air ambulance played in trying to save her, and perhaps donate something to the emergency services that no doubt saved Harry's life and did their best for this poor lady.

I hope people don't think i'm out of line

Mook

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
RIP Nicola, my thoughts go out to you and your family in this terrible accident.

Mook - John and I have already discussed your comments regarding the collection, it will be dealt with in due course and with the blessing of both families.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Not crass at all. Two people sadly lost their lives in this terrible accident. That we did not know one of them makes this no less of a tragedy and no less of a loss. There has been a lot of outpouring of emotions on this site for those affected and we have all been aware that others have been affected equally not just those we know. Any fundraising that is done for this should be in consideration of all involved in this terrible incident, anything less is inconsiderate and uncaring for all those equally affected by this

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Not crass at all. Two people sadly lost their lives in this terrible accident. That we did not know one of them makes this no less of a tragedy and no less of a loss. There has been a lot of outpouring of emotions on this site for those affected and we have all been aware that others have been affected equally not just those we know. Any fundraising that is done for this should be in consideration of all involved in this terrible incident, anything less is inconsiderate and uncaring for all those equally affected by this
:thumbsup: Spot on there mate, totally agree

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Very positive, very unexpected.............I hope the forum can get something together soon. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
15,847 Posts
Thoughts are also with the family and friends of this lady, it's tragic for all involved.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I also think you are spot on Mook. RIP Nicola.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Still cant believe it.

Thanks for posting this Mook. My thoughts go out to the family and friends of Nicola, another unnecessary loss :(

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thoughts are with the family and friends of both Rob and Nicola. R.I.P

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Rest in peace Nicola. i read the words on the cards with the flowers last night, they were beautiful. you clearly were very loved by many people and my most heartfelt condolences go out to your friends and family.
RIP nicky.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Mookistar and Fuggles you are both spot on..

RIP Nicola.. My thoughts go out to her family and friends..

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Excellent words...

RIP Nicola

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
RIP Nicola, my thoughts go out to her family and friends

James.

·
Registered
889 Posts
A very good post Mookistar.
Rest In Peace Nicola. Condolences to your family and friends.

Terje.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.