GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some say the Gtr is boring and uninspiring and drives itself.
Reading the latest evo I found this quote and for me pretty much is spot on.

"With the dampers in comfort, the four-wheel drive system in race and the traction and stability systems also in race mode , it's a wild, intoxicating ride. There's so much performance to unleash, such superb front end response to work with and always the threat of the rear snapping wide on corner exit. No question the Gtr keeps you busier than any other car here and your every input becomes crucial because of the raw speed that this thing generates. In these conditions I'd wager the R8 and the 911 have a little more grip- just because their tyres are less dry road/track-optimised and they're certainly calmer things to exploit , but the excitement that pours back at you with the Gtr is something else. It seems that every corner, fast or slow, requires technique to master and usually a correction to help smooth progress. I know there's a general sense that the Gtr is a bit dull,but when you're attacking a great road in one, that perception is laughable. It's a proper monster."

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
:chuckle: I second that

Bobby

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
The only ones who think different are the internet sheep who just regurgitate shite they've read.
These are the same morons who laud the 911 yet cannot explain how a car with rear wheel drive and the engine over the rear wheels manages to stay on the road without computer trickery.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hi Will, yes and there's another line in there about how the nismo underlines the GT-R's engagement and super GT car status.
It's all just opinions and no reason to get carried away of course, but Evo seem to quite like it ...

"And that’s the brilliance of this car – you drive it, and it lets you drive it hard, with clear and unfiltered messages from the road filtering up through the wheel and seat. To those who still think the GT-R is a rather digital and soulless experience, please find a way to experience it for yourself."

Jethro Bovingdon:

Car: "Which leaves the GT-R. It’s always been compromised, harsh and rough on one hand, but able to deliver an utterly immersive driving experience on the other. We’ve loved and loathed it in equal measure over the years, and if you buy one you will too, but at half the price, it’s twice as enjoyable to drive as the Porsche."

It's quite ironic that as competitors have caught up in terms of performance and tech', they are often now seen as clinical, dull or "disappointingly numb".
Add to that the comparisons are usually drawn against standard models and we all know how much more fun and what an incredible performer a tuned GT-R is.

Protegimus

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Yep, people that follow me on runs that have never seen one on the move before are generally shocked at how the back moves around. Just ask Goldie and Buzby ; )

I know there are cars out there that are just as much and even more fun, but right now the 35 is just perfect for me dynamically. Had an awesome day in her today and rear tyres are on order lol.

·
Registered
626 Posts
My mate drives a tuned LCR about 280bhp.
he had the nerve to tell me the car drives itself. So i put him behind the wheel......

Yes ...... you guessed it....... he swiftly ate his words and realised adrenaline is brown.....

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
My mate drives a tuned LCR about 280bhp.
he had the nerve to tell me the car drives itself. So i put him behind the wheel......

Yes ...... you guessed it....... he swiftly ate his words and realised adrenaline is brown.....
Lol:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts