GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently in the US air force. Within the next year theres a good chance I can get my pbc (permament base change). I have really good chances for a base in england, and a base in japan. If i bought an owned a 34 for a year or more in either country, is there any way of getting the car back to the US? The main reason I want to go over seas is to get a car. Is one place better than the other in helping get a car back to the states? Theres 2 companies I know in the US that supposibly legalize r34's for like $15-20,000 US. Anyone know any truth behind this? If I woned the car over seas is there any way to enjoy it back in the states? I know shipping the car would be free but what troubles am I going to encounter.? Any help would be much appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that thread.. Theres two other companies that I know of here in the US though that claim to be able to legalize all models of the skyline. Skyline-imports.com and skylinerevolutions.com someone check them out and see what they think please. Importation is the only thing keeping me from owning the thing that owns my dreams.=)

·
Registered
659 Posts
JDM driftER said:
I read that thread.. Theres two other companies that I know of here in the US though that claim to be able to legalize all models of the skyline. Skyline-imports.com and skylinerevolutions.com someone check them out and see what they think please. Importation is the only thing keeping me from owning the thing that owns my dreams.=)
skyline-imports looks like the website was made by a 6 year old in ms paint, if they can afford to legalize skylines (ie perform crash tests and such) then the should be able to afford a decent website, I didnt find anything on skylinerevolutions but the bottom line is this, no one but motorex has proven their ability to import sklines, no one has the paperwork to show, or can provide a legal VIN number that can be called into the NHTSA and verified to be legal, all I've seen in my years as a skyline fan is empty promises and scams. Feel Free to talk to sean moris on the freshalloy forums, he worked for motorex, he an JK have been working on getting them legal for ages but motorex screwed up pretty bad and is in very hot water so the government isnt looking too kindly at the whole skyline importation thing.

That and to even be able to legaly import any car you have to be on the NHTSA's list of Registered Importers, last time I checked neither of those companies were on that list.

Your only bet is to bring the car over shipped in seperate pieces and run it on a dealer plate since you wont have to register the car, then just insure it for whatever value you place on it just like you would a custom car.

·
Registered
659 Posts
JDM driftER said:
Thanks for the info.. I really appreciate it.. Even though its not what i wanted to hear..=(
Ugh, you might wanna read this thread too :(

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=50941

Oh well I suppose the best thign you can do is wait for the new GTR to come out at the end of next year, it would probably end up costing about the same anyway.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive seen this thread, I dont want the new skyline though...:mad: And it wouldnt cost the same if i boight the car overseas...man this sucks...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts