GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doing a few little jobs on the car today , and wanted to check if a uprated fuel pump has been fitted , between the pump and the tank sender i found this fitted?? is it standard looks like some type of regulator do i need it or can i just run the fuel line from the pump straight to tank sender???

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I *believe*, but don't know for sure, that they are a safety device in the event of a fuel line being damaged in an accident. I can see how it would vent back to the inside of the tank if the line to the rail was crimped shut, can't get my head round how it would help if it was ruptured. Wrong place for a pulsation damper, they are usually near the fuel rail / injectors. It's a stock thing, anyway. If you weren't worried by whatever safety advantages it may offer I see no reason not to be rid of it. My Skyline has never had it in place.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's a non return valve ..!
and it's standard..
aghhh so it holds the fuel the fuel presure rather than it all return to the tank ..well ive put it back togeather now with out it will have to see how it goes..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts