GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished replacing my stock turbos on my R33 GTR this morning and this happened.

Went out for a pootal. Everything fine, did about 15 miles or so at a steady reasonable pace to make sure all was well. Reading good oil pressure etc.

On the way back put my foot down occasionally to check spool up all ok and all seemed well.

Fourth or fifth time spooling up, *Pueeeeeeeeeew* followed by loss of power, no turbo pressure and a massive cloud of smoke left behind me where it happened!!

Crept home with a rather underpowered gtr. From then on, smoke only comes out the back when hard accelerating. Blue black smoke so it's obviously oil.

Check intercooler pipes, all on. More oil under the bonnet on the pipes around the induction area and in the intake pipes. Can hear one of the turbos freely spinning after blipping the throttle and making a metalic scraping sound.

what should I do? Any suggestions. My partner and I are just over 4 weeks away from the birth of our baby son and I need to get it fixed urgently. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be and the best thing to do to fix it?

I can't face removing all of that piping and [email protected], hard to get to nuts once again, only to have to put them back on again.

If the turbine wheel has gone, would that cause more oil to come through?
Someone please help :(

If I can't find an easy way to fix it then i'm just going to sell it as is.

·
Registered
441 Posts
How much boost are you running? It`s also very important that the turbos you fitted were in good nick and not abused before.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Boost isn`t the issue then, I run mine 1 bar all the time with no problems. Maybe the turbos you bought were bad, You should contact the person who you bought them from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts