GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... causing quite a bit of damage, and didnt leave a note or anything :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

There is a possibility that it was the bin lorry, as the damage was done sometime between 11.45pm Sunday and 7pm Monday, and bins were collected Monday morning.

Whoever and whatever it was has damaged:

Rear bumper scratched to shit
Rear quarter panel dented
Rear light panel scratched
Bootlid pushed up
Spoiler cracked

I'm pursuing the council, but I reckon I'll be repairing it DIY cos I dont want to lose 3 years no claims because of some ignorant ****** :mad:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Ok, was there any paint from the other Veichle? If so, maybe you could take it to a local paint shop or something to get it analysed and to find where it came from, could reduce the options of who it could be.......

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah there's yellowy-orange paint, not from any of the cars up my road - none that were there at lunchtime anyway. Will have another look tonight.

·
Super Moderator
15,640 Posts
Take photos of the paint and samples. See what colour the bin lorries are. Contact council with evidence! Yellowy orangey does sound like it could be a commercial vehicle.

T

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Really sorry to here that Pikey.

Does sound like the bin wagon could be at fault, you need to save the paint samples and get them tested.

Do like Tonigmr2 says and show the council the photo's and paint samples. The thing is, the driver may not even know he did it, probably won't even feel it. If the collector's were ahead of him, they might not have seen it either.

I do hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Jeff - that absolutely sucks mate. My car was scuffed at the back of the car 2 days before xmas and again at the front a couple of weeks later (both outside my work), so I know just how you feel.

I had mine painted - and as no-one had left any details I was also out of pocket.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Really sorry to hear that Jeff. :( :(
I agree with Toni and Andy about taking it up with the bin people. Start gently, assuming the truck was so big he didn't even notice he did it. Only get nasty if they completely deny it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
YES! pictures of it on the car, with the damage is crucial. Also need to check what time the council do the runs in your area,and if it fits the timescale youve already said, then it would be them, (providing the colour matches) and it should be fairly easy to get a payout..... if they fail in their attempts not to go through insurance, then just go top the manager and advise you are in the process of doing so. reason being they, as a company, will have a huge excess on fault claims and would be cheaper just to pay you outright, so go to a Nissan main dealer!!!!:D

Hopefully it will all get sorted soon and looking back in its glamourous self!:smokin:

·
Registered
346 Posts
also ask to see the wagon that covers your area or ask to see all the wagons( can`t see there being too many) ask if any reports have been made to the council from drivers as i would have thought someone would notice the damage at the depot and would have been asked to explain the damage.

Finally you could try contact the Police and the paint can me matched to the lorry if they took the case.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I had to threaten a load of builders with a solicitor and court action once, as they had covered my car all over in brick dust. :mad: Just to make matters worse, they got the hose out and decided to wipe it all over - Arrrrgh!! was my response when I got in from work to catch them doing it.

Car was scratched to sh1t on every panel (looked like it had been sand-papered. Finally got £750 out of them, which wasn't enough to cover the metallic respray, but did go a way towards it.

Definitely worth persuing, IMO.

Good luck:)

·
Premium Member
5,782 Posts
maybe that colour scheme is the recyling lorries? not sure though.

This is what I never leave my gtr outside. always gets tucked up in the garage. Like steve said - people generally speaking can't be trusted!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Although the wagon may not be yellow / orange it's highly likely that the bin lifting frame will be a high visibility colour as it's a heavy moving part. I'd contact the police immediately and report a hit & run - you have a very tight timescale to get the police involved. Best to involve them and not need them than leave it to late and need 'em and not be able to involve 'em...

Feelin for ya matey :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to hear that some careless [email protected] did your car in.

Sounds defo like bin people, my mate lives in yorkshire as a HGV2 Lorry Boy some of things that I hear digust me.

Also worth checking wether you had a gritting lorry down your way or a skip in your area they may have taken a wrong turning and tried to turn there fat ass around on your motor.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to hear that some careless [email protected] did your car in.

Sounds defo like bin people, my mate lives in yorkshire as a HGV2 Lorry Boy some of things that I hear digust me.

Also worth checking wether you had a gritting lorry down your way or a skip in your area they may have taken a wrong turning and tried to turn there fat ass around on your motor.

Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts