GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

Normally i just hate the twin-turbo sound from Skylines, but this one has a adorable exhaust note: Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 Twin turbo - YouTube

Anyone has an idea of what that (Alpinarium, Russian?) exhaust system might look like?

I'm going to get a Stagea 260RS instead of my R33 GT-R, would be lovely to have it sounding like that.

Thanks
Mattias

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That won't solve it :).

After lots of research i know that it's the front pipes that make a huge impact on the exhaust sound.

I have found the Mines Pro front pipe and Reimax (both are equal lenght, HKS, stock, XS-power are not equal lenght thus they sound like stock front pipes) make the sound i want.

Here's a video where you can hear the difference.
BNR34 Exhaust sound - YouTube

1: HKS front pipe
2: Mines front pipe
3: HKS front pipe (with more open exhaust)
4: Mines front pipe (with more open exhaust)

Number 1 and 3 doesn't sound good in my opinion.

One more comparison, also the same car:
Stock: R34 GTR Exhaust Sound - Amuse R1 Titan with OEM front pipe - YouTube
Mines: R34 GTR exhaust sound - Amuse R1 Titan and Mines front pipe - YouTube

In this video, the first clip sounds like stock front pipe (RS-R though), but the others with Reimax, sounds entirely different:
SKYLINE R32 GTR exhaust sound rev.6 Final - YouTube

For the interested, here's more videos with either Reimax or Mines front pipes.

GT-R????100??????????NISSAN Skyline?BNR32GT-R???????? - YouTube
R34 GT-R??????????????.wmv - YouTube
Nissan Skyline GT-R w/ 700HP, 260Km/h Highway Run - Hartvoorautos.nl - YouTube
REIMAX ???????????????????????????? - YouTube
NISSAN R32 SKYLINE GT-R V-SPEC BNR32 Mine's SILENCE-VX PRO TITAN ? Exhaust sound.mpg - YouTube

·
Registered
386 Posts
There's more to a GTR,Stagea than the sound of the exhaust!!!
It you don't like the sound/power of a Straight 6 then maybe you should look at an Evo or a Subaru.:flame:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've got HKS downpipes and a Kakimoto N1 exhaust on my Stagea 260RS. Makes a hell of a noise :D deep and throaty though, not tinny.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There isnt a lot of point in listening to skyline exhausts cos they wont fit a stagea .

The pipes are longer and the fuel tank is in a different plaxce so rthe rear bends are different
Still the Mine's front pipes are equal lenght; they Will make a similar sound as for the Skylines.

Blitzman: I love inline 6 engines, but not the stock twin turbo sound, that's why i've ran with single turbo on My GTR the last 4 years.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I run japspeed down pipes( equal length ) and tomei elbows and Ti exhaust system thanks to newera and it sounds immense

1 - 10 of 10 Posts