GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a happy man tonight!

My mate got home from work today (lodging with me and the misses for a while) and found that someone has lifted the car cover up and over the GTR, which is on my drive! to take a peak at whats underneath.

The dogs were in the lounge so I am sure they barked to let them know but its not the point.

The car battery is always off and a few other small mods that stop it moving but that aint the point.

I am now going to have to worry that some little C*** is going to have a go at removing it!!!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I had a similar problem I have a car cover too and came back one day to find both the clips that secure undone. Made me panic a bit. Lots of people recommend CCTV as an option.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
:eek: .. Put a electric wire in the border of your cover, make sure the cover border does not touch your car! .. And set up a webcam! :) haha

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
They know it's there, so if it's worrying you why not move the car elsewhere? Even park it and leave it in a ASDA carpark overnight or something? Atleast then it will be under CCTV...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
same here, got me so para, l made an effort on my daily running arounds, to drive past my own house more than once!!!

Im getting cctv as soon as l can. (cars on axle stands, so not worried for the moment)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
They know it's there, so if it's worrying you why not move the car elsewhere? Even park it and leave it in a ASDA carpark overnight or something? Atleast then it will be under CCTV...
good idea unless your insurance states that its parked on the drive overnight!

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
good idea unless your insurance states that its parked on the drive overnight!
ASDA is 24hr on a Friday you can say you were shopping?:popcorn:

Nah but seriously... yea I never thought about that, maybe it's not a good idea afterall.:banned:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yer not sure what to do yet but cant really put the car else where.

Thinking I could leave the dogs on the car and that should mean it does not go anywhere.

My neighbour is in all day so will ask him to keep an eye out. Not worried about when I am in as the dogs would wake me if I was sleeping.

CCTV might be the way forward but in all honestly I dont know what they would catch= apart from 2 guys in hoodies etc lol

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Parked for just over two hours under the CCTV at B&Q in Wandsworth and got a massive fine through the post...

Good luck thinking up innovative protective systems!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Inside a big shed on your drive maybe?
:)
bob

·
Registered
656 Posts
something cheap an cheerfull for a part time solution
get one or two of those rape alarms the women carry where you cilp the cord to your belt when pulled it goes off,,,, just connect it to your car cover under the car,, would give them a bit of a surprise lol

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yer I was thinking about a bollard in front of the car so it cant be moved. Probably the cheapest and best solution overall.

The CCTV solution is ok but the car still gets taken and probably just get a rubbish image that unless you know who it is the police wont do much with

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Parked for just over two hours under the CCTV at B&Q in Wandsworth and got a massive fine through the post...

Good luck thinking up innovative protective systems!
Does make me laugh when companies try and 'fine' you for parking. Hope that one went in file 13!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Sleep in your car with a loaded shotgun, your mate can shack up with you missus to keep her "warm"

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Like the mate solution I will dig hom out an old sleeping bag lol

Could put the dogs in but the both would not fit in there that well, I have 2 American akitas lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts