GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

Last couple of weeks when I floor it off the line I notice the little red handbrake light comes up!

Im assuming something is lose?

Today for the first time I had an ESP malfunction error message. Which came on when I launched it in the wet. I assume its the first time in a while the ESP actually had to do some work and so it decided to give up! Anyway sorted not becuase next set of lights restarted the car and did another launch and its fine.

The handbrake light still shows when accelerating flat out in 1st or 2nd. any traders know of this and what it could be? I remember I had the same issue on my mini and something in the hand brake system was loose.

let me know if it anything I should be worrying about

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got just love this.. were interested in V12's, Dual clutches etc but simple brake fluid or handbrake tighten and it all goes pear shaped.

Im due to see Lee at SRD to have down pipes fitted and so ill get him to look at it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bloody brilliant...

I think my ESP is knackered...

I know, I'll launch it again...

Fixed.

Winning!

Almost, was like this...

I know, ill turn it on n off. (Fixed)

I'll launch it again just to check it doesnt return.. ;)

Fixed.

#Winning!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Is it a microsoft product?
Needs a reboot now and then.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
Almost, was like this...

I know, ill turn it on n off. (Fixed)

I'll launch it again just to check it doesnt return.. ;)

Fixed.

#Winning!
#Won

car that fixes itself :squintdan

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Was it a 4wd clutch overheat? Only saying coz it can happening launching it in the wet. That would account for why it was cleared after a short while.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Defo not 4wd. I get that once a year ;)

Thus was esp malfunction . First time iv seen it. But i think brake fluid is low. Makes sense!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
LOL, don't beleive you don't check your brake fluid !!!!! Mind you those Toyo's you were running around on were ..................................... F*cked

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL, don't beleive you don't check your brake fluid !!!!! Mind you those Toyo's you were running around on were ..................................... F*cked
With servicing every 6 months I dont expect to have to "check anything!" unless its been on track. Im pissed off when i gota top up the oil!

The brake fluid level is on:
Assuming min line is 0% and max line 100% its sitting at 40%. So I wouldn't have thought that thats low enough to be causing an issue?

LOL a toyos.... did you take them off me? im back on MPSS 7mm left on these bad boys last time i checked 12 months ago mr officer :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
With servicing every 6 months I dont expect to have to "check anything!" unless its been on track. Im pissed off when i gota top up the oil!

The brake fluid level is on:
Assuming min line is 0% and max line 100% its sitting at 40%. So I wouldn't have thought that thats low enough to be causing an issue?

LOL a toyos.... did you take them off me? im back on MPSS 7mm left on these bad boys last time i checked 12 months ago mr officer :chuckle:
I check all my fluids at least once a week, then again I use my R35 as a daily.., it only takes a few seconds visual look, i mean imagine if you get a leak or similar and its slowly seeping out... next thing no coolant OR no oil for example, and Boooooooooooooommmm shake the Roooooooooommm goes your engine!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea I use mine daily too.

i suppose ill give the level a quick once over once every few weeks. I usually keep the on screen setting on 6 readings covering engine and gear box (pressures & temps).

·
Registered
941 Posts
I use mine daily too. If it weren't for the dash telling me my oil level I probably wouldn't check it that often.
How do you release the bonnet?.... ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts