GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all after a bit of advice , imm due to renew my phone and fancy a change to a sony but does any one on here use one ? , if so can I plug it in like my iPhone 4S and play music from it ,will it show my playlists , will it sync all my contacts to the display like my iPhone does ?

Cheers for any input

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just changed from a 4S to a Z1 - after the first week or so of adjusting to Android, I wouldn't go back. But I play music in the car off an old 160GB iPod classic so can't comment on the bluetooth audio...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yea the Z1 and generally amdroid is quiet superior than the iphones but its the compatability with all the apple stuff that really gives it the edge amongst apple users.. Otherwise you can pretty much do everything and more than the iphones 5s..

Im using the xperia Z but my bro has the Z1.. No big difference but the Z is cheaper.. Also the fact that its fully water proof is so cool! You can use it in the swimming pool, shower, wash it if it gets food on it or dirty etc..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Galaxy S4 best phone I ever used and works perfectly with Bluetooth audio in the car. Sound quality is excellent.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I switched from crapple to the a few androids and finally settled on the z1 for its water proof and dust proof abilities (for work) and I can tell you, I won't go back! Even when the upgrade comes around Ill either have another z1 cheap or what ever new version is out from sony. It will take a lot to tempt me away - its that good.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
try out the Nexus 5 good value for money
:bowdown1:

Half the price of an S4, yet more powerful, no slow mo ShitWiz and feels more premium, my sister is on her 3rd S4, they seem to suffer charging issues.

I've always been an iPhone user, last phone was the 5 and only jumped ship because of Vanilla android. Android was always ahead in "What it can do" but the UI has always been laggy and slow until Jelly Bean, but Samsungs own UI is clunky and introduces a little bit of the lag back in to Android as you would expect as its a glorified skin (Deep rooted in to the OS) which sits atop Android.

If you have never used an iPhone 4S/5 you wont notice much of the lag in Android, its just us who have been spoilt by Apple with the fluidity of the iOS UI that tend to whine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's the water proof dust proof that's moving me that way , I run a concrete company so both of those products come into regular contact with me and my phone :) might have a swap i fancy a change , I take I can import my music and contacts straight over ?

Cheers for the answers

·
Registered
341 Posts
I put a custom firmware on my S4 and it's rapid as hell. Tempted by waterproof though, can you put an SD card in a Z1? I need loads of memory.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Interested also in what actual users think that have moved from iPhone to Sony think.

In for the info.

Satan

·
Registered
55 Posts
I moved from Apple to the Android Nexus devices and have never looked back. I do not want to get into a Apple vs. Android discussion, but from my perspective much happier with my choice and would recommend the latest Nexus 5, although does not have the water protection of the Sony.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just changed from a 4S to a Z1 - after the first week or so of adjusting to Android, I wouldn't go back. But I play music in the car off an old 160GB iPod classic so can't comment on the bluetooth audio...
hi, does it sync all the contacts like the iphone does to the display ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts