GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a good product to put on the pipes to prevent soot build up or at least make it easier to clean off? Only takes a small run for it to build up after a wash!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Anyone found a good product to put on the pipes to prevent soot build up or at least make it easier to clean off? Only takes a small run for it to build up after a wash!!
I use the same wax I used on my rims from poorboysworld. Don't expect miracles but it helps.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
Look in Traders section.

Ask Alex at Serious Performance for advice. He's the man.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Optimum Opti Seal or FK1000. Booth hi temp sealants, i've used booth and found Opti seal is easier to apply but requires a little more buffing if you spray too much on. Took mine off and gave them a few good coats, still rinsing off pretty much (tho i don't do a lot of miles :eek:) Speak to Alex as Moleman said, he will sort you out :)

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Serious Performance Non abrasive Paint Cleanser to remove the soot safely whenever needed and as others have said, just keep topping up the wax / sealant so that it should make it a bit easier to clean as well as protecting the paint underneath.

:).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts