GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soon to be getting a full RF exhaust system :)D) and ideally, I will look to offload my current system as it obviously takes up quite some space. I've looked at the R35 For Sale section but it's not actually that easy to judge how much I should list it for (the Milltek res Y-pipe is easy enough to judge ...).

So, how much is reasonable to ask for the:
- OEM downpipes?
- OEM exhaust (Y-pipe back)?

Cheers,

Daz

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
I'll be honest here, how many people are likely to want an OEM exhaust? I can't really see it fetching a lot unless you keep it for 20 years until people start restoing these cars back to standard. You might be lucky to get a hundred quid for it but it's difficult to tell. I'm sure if you advertised it for £300 to £400 people would soon tell you if it were too dear.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
I'll be honest here, how many people are likely to want an OEM exhaust? I can't really see it fetching a lot unless you keep it for 20 years until people start restoing these cars back to standard. You might be lucky to get a hundred quid for it but it's difficult to tell. I'm sure if you advertised it for £300 to £400 people would soon tell you if it were too dear.
I and plenty of other have one, and lots and lots of other GTR bits for sale !!!!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really looking to make much money, just free-up the room tbh. I'm sure I can sell the Milltek resonated Y-pipe ok but I'm thinking that there may be someone who bought their car modified and wants to revert it back to standard to sell or for someone who keeps on failing circuit noise tests ...

If not, then I'll keep it in the lock-up ...

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Put it on ebay, bound to be some sad case out there desperate to own part of an R35...
yeah and set it to biding start at £100. .. someone should want it.. on mans trash is another mans gold!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Your best option is to do a 1p listing buyer collect because you won't get much for it. I'm sure if you phone svm / litchfields they have prob binned hundreds between them and are quite happy for the owners to take them away because they can't be given away.
How often do you see a 32/33/34 owner looking for standard ? Once I seen it for a 32 exhaust that the owner wanted to return the car to standard.
N when I got my first 33 with an apexi cat back , because it was so quite I took£20 for it just to get rid of.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Not worth a carrot. Ive still got an OE y pipe in my shed and aint even got a GTR anymore.

Free to a good home if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. Will see if I get anything on ebay and if not, will take it to a scrap metal merchant who may give me something - at least it will get it out of the way.

Should get something for the Milltek Y-pipe though so if anybody want a deal on one of those ... (Mods, will put a proper For Sale add up once it's off ... :thumbsup:)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where in Bedford are you? If it's free then I'm you man lol...

I've got my oem one for 1 VW project just need another for the 2nd VW project ;)
Sorry misread I wanted the back box section
I'm a bit closer to you than Bedford, but not much (off the A1) ... If you wanted the back box off of it I could probably ask Andy to cut it off and shove it in the boot and you could collect it from here?

Let me know ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts