GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi chaps

I posted a while ago saying my car was going to be written off. Anyway, I am getting the run around from my insurance company, so have found a garage that will provide me with a quote for my insurance company, if I supply the parts they need.

I am going to confirm with them what I need today, but I am pretty sure I'll need:
- Rear bumper
- Rear panel (maybe this can be reshaped)
- Boot lid (again, maybe can be fixed)
- Spoiler/led stop lamp
- Rear right Light cluster

I'm looking everywhere. Have found many 2nd hand options on ebay, and am looking at aftermarket new parts too.

My question is, are R33 GTS parts compatible with the GTR? I would assume they had the exact same body, but I am finding a lot of GTR style spoilers, designed for GTSs, that don't list GTR in their compatibility list.

Does anyone know if all GTS panels are compatible with the GTR, or do they actually have differences?

Also, can anyone recommend a good place to go to for body parts? I am finding places on the web, but have no idea if they're reputable.

Cheers for your help. This stuff is really dragging on and killing me slowly and painfully!! :rolleyes:

Edit: Doh, just noticed bodywork and bodykit forum. Will look in there now. Mods sorry, please move thread if you think it necessary.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Rear bumper = same as GTST and can be had from free to £50 usually around £30
- Rear panel (maybe this can be reshaped)
- Boot lid (again, maybe can be fixed) = same as GTST and can also be had for around £30>£60
- Spoiler/led stop lamp = Buy a genuine second hand GTR one. All the copies are crap. Anything from £120 > £300
- Rear right Light cluster = same as GTST, can be had from £30 to £50

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info mate. Very useful. Rear panel may have to be reshaped since I'm guessing it'd welded on, so getting a 2nd hand one is going to be tricky. I'll start looking.

@matty32 - Nice one. I spoke to my local bodyshop garage again today and asked them to get a move on in getting a parts quote from Nissan. If this doesn't work, I'll PM you. Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts