GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there are any other (VRT fleeced) southern Ireland registered GTR owners on here, would be nice to bounce a few specific questions of ya if any exist.

Cheers ;)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say I'm looking for needles in a hay stack here...I'd imagine there is probably only half a dozen Irish Reg GTR's if even. Only ever seen a few Northern regs ones and one Irish reg for sale on carzone. Not even that many RB GTR's around either I guess you can blame this country, penalizes you for being a petrol head, insurance, road tax, VRT it's a long list...was even looking at a YouTube clip of cannonball rally here last year and mostly UK reg cars says it all really

·
Registered
341 Posts
It's ridiculous. Insurance is near impossible for any decent engine size, or a hint of sportiness! Tax, well tax on my gtr is about 1200 euro a year.
Tax is the real killer I think. Especially when you look at the quality of the road network!

Havnt priced vrt on anything recently so not sure how bad it is now, so can't really comment. Thought VRT was now emissions based, as well as OMSP?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep it's a joke, VRT cost me Eur32,000, road tax Eur2,100, and insurance is just slightly over Eur1,000, I can't complain too much as there are people who would give their right ball-of-socks to be driving a GTR over here but circa Eur83,000 all in for an 09 GTR with over Eur 3,000 a year running cost ex maintenance is ridiculous. When I was over buying it at GC Motors in Harrogate they had all classes of ferrari, Porsche, lambo, R8 etc and if I lived there I would be in the price bracket or there abouts not that I would go for any of the above over my GTR but it just goes to show how skewed it is. Being a petrolhead is an expensive disease.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can check to find out how many new GT-Rs are registered. Give me a few days
That would be great mate, I'm not sure how you do it but as we have no HPC in Ireland as far as Nissan are concerned there may be no official registered GTR's in Ireland (our only HPC was EP Mooney in Dublin which went into Liquidation and was never replaced which says it all really) all would have to be imports form Northern Ireland (Charles Hurst) or imported JMD or from UK like I did.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will ask Nissan
Thanks a million mate that would be really super, if I could be so rude as to ask if you could find out if they have any intention of re-opening a HPC, Nissan Ireland don't respond to e-mail from my experience.....I'd imagine they scratch there heads here when they see "GTR" in my mails LOL

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not surprised to be honest but disappointed all the same, probably for the best as there is a tendency to pull customers pants down over here and from what I hear Charles Hust who I'll be using in Belfast are quite good.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Was going to get a 08 R35 myself but Mr vrt soon put a stop to that when they wanted 28,500 euros just to register the car

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was going to get a 08 R35 myself but Mr vrt soon put a stop to that when they wanted 28,500 euros just to register the car
Yep Mental, I paid the little bit extra to go 09 UK so that I'd have warranty as your screwed over here if something goes wrong with the GR6, not many here that would know what to do with it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yep it's a joke, VRT cost me Eur32,000, road tax Eur2,100, and insurance is just slightly over Eur1,000, I can't complain too much as there are people who would give their right ball-of-socks to be driving a GTR over here but circa Eur83,000 all in for an 09 GTR with over Eur 3,000 a year running cost ex maintenance is ridiculous. When I was over buying it at GC Motors in Harrogate they had all classes of ferrari, Porsche, lambo, R8 etc and if I lived there I would be in the price bracket or there abouts not that I would go for any of the above over my GTR but it just goes to show how skewed it is. Being a petrolhead is an expensive disease.
Wow mate, thats big money alright. And me thinking i was gettin raped payin 9k (r34) a few years ago...

There are a few GTR's in ireland, but not many, i remember there was 3 in autotrader at one stage, but that was a year or 2 ago, were 2 silver ones and a black. The very first imported ones were priced at 130k:nervous:

There is also a black 08 gtr that has been down in mondello a few times that iv met, owner imported new from japan, pre july 08 so under the cheaper tax rate.

What colour is yours?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bump, have a feeling a newbie has joined the Irish GTR ranks one sold here during the week...are you out there!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts