GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just lowered my GTR with a new susapension set-up and now the wheels sit under the wheel arches and looks a little odd. I'm thinking of getting a set of spacers to bring the wheels out a little.

Question is, are spacers safe enough to use and if so which brand would you advise/recommend?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have used spacers on alot of my cars including the 350Z, I would not hesitate to use them on the GT-R, as for brand not sure as of yet.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I have used spacers on loads of my cars because manufacturers seem incapable of getting the look right.....

Make sure what ever kit you buy comes with extended bolts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

I recently purchased a set of Eibach spacers for the GTR from another forum member - they were 15mm fronts and 20mm rears - the Eibach spacer kit comes with a set of nuts for attaching the spacers to the hubs allowing you to use your existing nuts to attach the wheels to the spacers.

When fitted though i thought the rears were sitting too proud of the arches - i personally thought it made the car look a little "boy racer", and i hated the thought of extra road rash due to stones chips.

So sold them on to another forum member.

But i guess it's down to personal choice. I agree wheels sit inside arches too much - just thought the 15mm/20mm arrangement was too much - well for me anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Do a search DON'T USE SPACERS on a GTR

·
Registered
113 Posts
WOW !!

Just looked at the first thread following the search you suggested.

I dread to think about the consequences of that happening at speed!

Glad I took them off again before even driving the car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
WOW !!

Just looked at the first thread following the search you suggested.

I dread to think about the consequences of that happening at speed!

Glad I took them off again before even driving the car.
Yeah you can say that again. Very scary, was thinking of putting these on my car too but not now! Do you think these can be bought made from a stronger material such as stainless? Has anyone seen this?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
cheers buddy..... they look like shite spacers..... good quality spacers will have no such issues, Bimecc mate epic spacers, I've had them on my E46 M3, 450bhp STI, 400bhp EVO etc etc.....

I'm not a fan of the bolt ON spacers for spacers so thin, you are better off with bolt through spacers as you are still bolting your Alloy to the hub with longer bolts, you are not reliant on a 15mm spacer holding your alloy on, that just doesn't make sense and just sounds dangerous LOL

GEt bolt through and you will be fine!

I may set up a Group buy on GOOD spacers!

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Lol, surprised, I thought the thread had been deleted. Seems to be no trace of superperforma anymore which is good for the industry, unless they've changed names and resumed selling dodgy products.

·
Registered
154 Posts
15mm spacer holding your alloy on, that just doesn't make sense and just sounds dangerous LOL
I couldn't agree more, the idea of 500+hp on thin aluminium spacers sounds like madness! lol ali's so soft, it makes me wonder why anyone would risk using them unless they were made of something like stainless or, if weight was a concern, even titanium.

·
Registered
356 Posts
with spacers the material isnt such a problem as its being compressed, the issue is the torsional stress on the longer bolts.
bolt through hubcentric spacers are the most popular and there will be some play between the spacer bolt hole and the cheap aftermarket extended bolts.
the BRDC did consider banning spacers on track days as there have been several issues but in the end they just left it as an advisory on the scrutineers advice sheet.
a bespoke spacer/bolt setup might be ok but the off the shelf chocolate bolts are asking for trouble.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts