GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi there, i have recently purchased and fitted a set of Denso IK27 (exactly the same as HKS iridium) from the Supra forum http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=70716

P.S.we will need this sort of group buys for our GTRs (skylines).

I believe this is more than good enough for stage 1, or even for higher power GTR. A set of six plugs would cost approx £36 deliveried, which is a BARGAIN! however not sure if the guy still have some left, but still worth a try!

Regards

Skylinegtr0415

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
A personal note is that I will steer away from Denso/HKS spark plug.

The main reason is that the iridium on the Denso plug is very small, and have had problem of breaking off and destorying an engine. It is very good if everything is running perfect. But then all it takes is a leaking intake manifold gasket to finish off your engine.

I will go for NGK/Trust plug. Sadly, NGK only do up to grade 7 for the GTR fitment as far as Iridium goes. You really should go for grade 8 for a GTR. But at the same time, if it is only stage one, I don't see why Grade 7 won't work (after all, standard is grade 6 in a GTR)

Just my 2 pence worth.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Kenan

I'd avoid the Denso/HKS plugs as above.

The standard iridium replacement for the GTR is BCPR6EIX-11, and BCPR7EIX is the colder heat range available. For 8 heat range you can use BKR8EIX, which is the ISO standard equivalent to the BCP plug. Comparing them, the height of the plug from hex to the top of the plug (where the coilpack sits) is slightly smaller with the BK plug, but they still work fine (I've just fitted some to my stage 1 GTR) They're £6.99 per plug from www.sparkplugs.co.uk

They come gapped to 0.7mm which is about right for stage 1 boost.

Simon

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Nocturnal said:
I will go for NGK/Trust plug. Sadly, NGK only do up to grade 7 for the GTR fitment as far as Iridium goes. You really should go for grade 8 for a GTR. But at the same time, if it is only stage one, I don't see why Grade 7 won't work (after all, standard is grade 6 in a GTR)

Just my 2 pence worth.

I have just fitted Greddy 8,s (NGK) to mine :sadwavey:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.