GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very boring question which I'm sure has been raised many times but what spark plugs should I fit to a slightly tuned (389 bhp from exhaust, filter, 0.9 bar and Middlehurst ECU upgrade) GTR 33? Cheers,

Hamish

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Dino,

Are NGK No 7 the standard fitted items or are they platinum, iridium jobbies ??

I am also going for new plugs soon so I am currently looking into this..

Thanks for your help.

/Steve

·
Registered
446 Posts
Very boring question

Hamish.....NGK Laser Platinum PFR6A-11 4045

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Good question

Hamish,
thats a very good question it leads me into something i have been testing in my car for a while now.
well you would think a plug is just a plug but i have found this not to be the case I have for the last 18 years sworn by NGK and damm fine they are but as time has marched on i wanted to find something new and went for the hks iridium plug again mighty fine, was happy with what i had but decided to do some sorcing of plugs called SPLITFIRE these are TRIPLE PLATINUM TIPPED and come with a 30 day money back gaurantee and also they claim 100,000 mls life I tried them and could feel better low down response, also i had my gas analizer on the car at the time and noticed the fuel mixture had improved by 1 whole percent it definatly burns better but i do also run a hks twin power as well
I have left them in the car and run 2 bar boost on them they are the nuts .
Gary
GT-ART.CO.UK
THE FUTURETIVE:D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Guess what

I am having a set of Splitfires fitted Wednesday for the dyno run,we will see how they perform.The HKS Iridiums helped me get 517BHP at 1.3bar last time,we will see.

Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Having difficulty getting plugs, believe it or not. Can't find someone here (Aberdeen, UK) who stocks the ones Charlie suggested (NGK Laser Platinum PFR6A-11 4045) and need more info that NGK 7 (i.e. what is the rest of the code related to thread size etc). Any help? Cheers,

Hamish

·
Registered
994 Posts
Splitfire

I `ve got the Splitfire Triple Platinums in my R33 now!I stayed out for half an hour( instead of going home to the wife )to try these plugs out and give them a bit of stick.

I found at low revs the engine pulled better & cleaner,on boost they performed extremley well.I then tried 1.75bar and with all 4 wheels spinning for grip...........they work very well;)

Henry.:smokin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts