GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing my spark plugs, which is best to go with. R33 lightly tuned at about 390bhp

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I stopped using iridiums as the car drives much better on coppers and they are a hell of a lot cheaper.

I use BCPR7ES on mine @ 540bhp they should be fine for your power as well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I also use x6 NGK BCPR7ES. For just 15.56 GBP all together!
I have ~500hp and they do perfect for more than 6 months with Benchmark coil packs. Great even on track days when outside was +33C.

But you have to chanche copper plugs like these more often then iridium ones.

·
Registered
861 Posts
can anyone recommend the best place to pick up a set of plugs from.... what sort of price am i looking at.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Depends how much your willing to spend. Ebay is a good place NGK iridiums are around £35 and NGK fine wire racing plugs are very good also and come in at £120.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Yup, x5 on the NGK Coppers, not worth the money buying anything else

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Yup, x5 on the NGK Coppers, not worth the money buying anything else
By all means buy copper if you think they are better but to use the cost as a reason for not buying irridiums is bizzaire

Most RBs have been rebuilt at anywhere between £4 and 10K so whats £30 every once in a while .

And after all how much do you spend on petrol ?

just say 20mpg (to make the calculation easy) thats 50 gallons per 1000 miles so the cost of just petrol is therefore about £300-40.

So if plugs eVen lasted 1500 miles thats about £500 in fuel plus of course oil etc etc , and you are worried about £30 on plugs.

But as I said if you think they are better then obviously fit them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have had irridums before. I got those iridiums for more than 50gbp. And my GTR loves the copper ones better. ;)
don't know why. I buy them in ebay. ;)
Personally i don't care if i spend 15gbp or 50gbp for plugs, but why spend those 50 when the ones for 15gbp work perfectly fine. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts