GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iridiums £39.95 + £2.50 P+P on Ebay item no 4608823660 is this for real, has anybody used this trader?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgive me for being daft, I'm new to this and have never used iridium plugs before, are the NGK good, bad or what?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Viffer said:
So that means they're ok. Yes:)

No worries there.

The only problem if you want the right spark plug length is that the NGK own brand on goes to a heat rating of 7. This is ok for a lightly modded GTR, but you would most probably need an 8 for a good stage 1/2 modded car. The standard heat rating on a GTR is an NGK 6.

Just in case you do not know, a 7 is colder than a 6.

This would mean either not using quite the right size NGK (which many do and we are talking the insulator length) of go over to Denso's / HKS. HKS S40 = heat range 8 NGK.

Nik W

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
NikWilson said:
but you would most probably need an 8 for a good stage 1/2 modded car
whats one of them LOL

I'm running 7's with 410HP and no probs. Had 6's before and was missing loads

·
Registered
936 Posts
kenan said:
whats one of them LOL

I'm running 7's with 410HP and no probs. Had 6's before and was missing loads
Not sure, only ones I see are 400+BHP! Is there such thing as a lightly modded GTR??????

I was told that for every 80 -100 bhp of extra power over standard, go 1 grade colder. Not sure if this is accurate, or just a rule of thumb.

Nik

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
IQ 20's are not good if your car is tuned, you will find its a hotter plug and could detonate/misfire.

The ideal grade is an 8 for any stage 1 GTR, and works very well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I once baught Denso iridium's for my previous BMW M3 from this reseller in the UK (I couldn't find what I was looking for here anyway...):

www.spark-plugs.co.uk

Had a good contact by email and got all needed explanations about X-crosses references between manufacturers & heat issues.

Nice people really. ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yunis A said:
The ideal grade is an 8 for any stage 1 GTR, and works very well.
I have been told that 7s were fine for a stage 1 GTR ... can anybody else confirm or deny ..

Yunis - no offence meant it is just I was told from somebody else to use 7s ..

Mine's is getting stage 1 mods next month and I don't want to run the wrong plug ..

Thanks in advance,

·
Banned
24 Posts
Everyone around here worships abbey motorsport right? well they advised me on 8's and I have ran them no problems at all on my stage 1. I tred some 7's and in the heat of pod last year was getting some misfire. swapped back to 8's and all was fine again..

There is no price difference between the two so why take the risk on going for 7's?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts