GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rear Trust spats arrived today from YYY, thanks!

Wrapped in lots of tape and bubble wrap, as YYY did, I think this is the proper way to ship things. Since I bought my Skyline in May 2006, I've had somewhere over a hundred parcels sent to me from the UK, USA, Japan, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Australia. I've noticed that taking parts, whatever they may be boxed in or not, and simply wrapping them in lots of bubble wrap and tape insures that customs won't want to touch it and it gets sent along. I've spent thousands upon thousands with Nengun, and that's how they ship things - just tape it all together and send it along, and not a single dime paid in taxes. I've been hit with a thousand in taxes from my recent Greenline purchase - all nicely boxed so that customs agents can easily slit open the box, value the contents, and then rape me on the tax. Argh.

More than claiming "gift" or undervaluing the declaration, the best way to make sure a package gets unmolested is to, even if it's in original boxes, to wrap those babies in so much bubble wrap and tape that no customs official will want to muck with it. Rectangular, neat, boxes are easy marks for Customs - oddly shaped and wrapped packages just get delivered. Although I'm happy that Greenline, after weeks of wordless delay, has finally sent me my parts so that I can FINALLY begin rebuilding my engine, today was NOT a good day at the customs office!

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
You say that, ive had the customs guys unpack my oddly packed stuff, keep the bubble wrap and send it along to me broken.

It goes along the lines of if they reealllyyy want to be assholes they will, if its close to lunch.. they probably want to eat more than to cut open packages haha. You have had good luck! Get your car built right and tuned properly man, im waiting to see how it finally turns out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts