GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone off hand recommend good replacement speakers for the GTR ?

Mine has the Std clarion ones and to be quite honest they sound utterly bollocks !!!

I dont want to be hacking stuff up or fitting amps etc etc I ust want half decent sounds !

Also whats the large Clarion thing in the middle of the rear shelf that you can see in the boot ?? Is it some sort of sub ?

Mine had the "active speaker system" I think so is it possible its just all rubbish because someone has wired up my stereo and not done it right ?

The sound is OK but sounds like I have no bass ?

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
The active speaker system is just that small clarion amp under the parcel shelf.

Bypass it and fit a set of 6" components or coaxials under the existing grills - I used MB Quarts in mine.

Front - either 6x4's (I used a set of old Carrozeria (Pioneer) component ones with the tweeter on the door mirror interior plastic cover) or make a plywood/mdf adaptor and fit 6's.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I'm running a set of 6.5" JBL Gto components in the front on mine, and a set of 2 way Pioneer 6.5" on the rear shelf. Although lately I've just been running the fronts on their own, sounds a lot fuller. May replace the rears with a set of components too.

There's a place in Hillington, Steve, called Audio Advice, and I took the stock front plastic speaker mount up there, and for a tenner, the guy knocked out a pair of MDF mounts in about 5 mins for me.

Address is here if you want to check them out at all:

Contact | Audio Advice

·
Registered
798 Posts
i am a big fan of sound..i have my van loaded with kicker audio lol..the new range of componant speakers by focal audio are the best iv heard in a long while..seriously crisp.Just fitted them to my van..highly recommended

1 - 6 of 6 Posts