GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

So there is this clutch from SPEC company, the twin is according to them for the rb20/rb25. But wont it fit in the RB26 engine and corresponding bellhousing the push type from the r32? There is a stage5 one that holds up to 680 ft.lbs of torque thats specified to be for the RB26 but you know, its always good to have an extra margin which the twin plate one provides (800 ft.lbs of torque).
Any thoughts?
dont know if its ok to put this link, sorry if not!
SPEC Clutches & Flywheels: Auto Parts, Domestic, Import, Truck, Racing, Drifting :: Results By Car

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I saw that one earlier but I think theres a problem with those sort of "Mini" clutches (smaller diameter discs and plates) in that they gain traction by increasing the diaphragm's tension, which in side effect not only makes it harder on the pedal but more importantly affects the axial thrust bearing on the engine, wearing it faster.
So thats why I think a bigger diameter (which I'm sure has a higher manufacturing cost) clutch (discs,plates &pressure plate) are better.
cheers for the 1st reply though hehe!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
i have a spec twin plate in my turbocharged bmw and a ats carbon twin in my r34.

the spec feels like a very old school twin i.e heavy pedal,on off switch
where as the ats feels like stock.there are plenty of other better off the shelf clutch's avalible for the rb26 than the spec stuff:thumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yep, the problem is the money....
how much is the ATS twin for instance?
the spec is quite cheap. The single stage5 wich holds up to 680ft.lbs. of torque is around 700 us dollars, and the twin is around $1300. (in staticxmotorports if not mistaken).
I guess the single stage5 is even less friendly than the twin?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Carbonetic Twin

I just ordered a Carbonetic Carbon twin plate, Type R discs, Carbon coated Flywheel and Pressure Plate with 1350Kg's of clamping force, $2400.00 delivered to the front door, ordered from Carbonetics office in California. Carbonetics is ATS & Across U.S. Division. I read somewhere that a stock Clutch is 750Kg's clamping force?? Might be wrong, But I don't think that Stage V spec clutch is gonna hold any thing for to long

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont understand why SPEC doesnt do the twin for the rb26, I contacted them and they said they didnt have an AWD gearbox to test, but they do make the single one for the 26 so WTF? Besides I think it would be more common to see a high hp 26 than a 25 right?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You seem hell bent on getting a SPEC clutch regardless of what people say. So why did you start the thread. If you don't have the money .......... SAVE UP! Or just buy the spec one and be done with it. I had a Carbonetics twin and it was worth every penny. You get what you pay for these days.:popcorn:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well I was expecting someone with actual experience on these clutches (SPEC) dont really care for carbonetics dude, otherwise I would just "Save up" and order a dark matter fission welded from NASA. SPEC is about 1200 dollars difference with the carbonetics on ebei, and if they perform well enough then they're worth the typing.
So anyone with actual experience?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts