GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Autosport International will be a GT-R rich zone this year!

Not only will GTC and Sumo have their own cars on display as detailed in their threads, but Nissan themselves will have a "Spec V lounge" in the Pistonheads area, Hall 19 where they will have a Spec V on display.

It will be "controlled access" according to Simon Croft, so bring your GT-R key or GTROC card to get on the stand would be my unofficial advice although I'm sure they will be reasonable about it.

Oh and of course my very own Purple Zilla will be on display on the Pistonheads members' stand! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
So gutted I cant be there; Spec V is certainly something very special, however more special to drive than look at on the stand I imagine, due to its largely stock clothes.

Still, would be nice meet and greet my fellow GT-R addicts but I guess will have to wait.

Geneva, anybody?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i'd feel sorry for the poor Nissan staff on the day who have to hear the same comment from every viewer

"can you tell me that price again i believe i miss heard you"

"no how much is it for just one car not two"

"no really how much is it"

:chuckle::flame:

sounds like autosport will be good option from autosalon. why oh why they are on the exact same weekend every year i'll never know. even when one of the shows moves forward a week one year the other does the same :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dunno, the Spec V is beginning to look good value compared with, say, a Lexus LF-A...:runaway:

Poor old Simon, he always has this hunted look when he's around GT-R owners. No matter how fantastic the car is, he always has people complaining at him!

I hear he likes Cadbury chocolate, (must come from living in Switzerland and missing the UK) so soften him up with some bribes before laying into him. :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I concur i sat in a specV yesterday at Ancasters in Bromley Daniel said it was the only one in europe,love the carbon rear spoiler and seats,still not sure about the price tag though!
At the nurburgring is one on display in the Nissan showroom since month....so the one in Uk can´t be the only one:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Spec V is the white one from the Nurburgring showroom.
I took some pics yesterday whilst delivering Purple Zilla and you can see them on Auto-Journals.com.

The biggest eye-opener was this!

·
Registered
132 Posts
At least their body coloured

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Nice , perhaps they could not stretch to some little plastic covers , or were they going for the race car look :eek: I think 3 white rivets would have looked better LOL , but what do I know ?

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
It still isn’t £124k's worth!!! No matter how you "dress" it up. nor is the Clubsport at £88k, buy a basic car and add your own bits and bobs i.e. £4k for an exhaust, you must be joking, you could get a nice pair of up rated Turbo's for that !! LOL

·
Registered
91 Posts
Saw that on other L-FAs and just expected it to be the pre production models but any L-FAs thats been on public display have those nasty screw heads exposed. You wouldn't expect it on an Aygo so how the hell can Lexus try it on their Halo car!?!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I guess you'd better buy it in black then...:chuckle:

At least the service parts won't be so expensive or maybe it's to make Noble owners feel at home:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts