GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was interested in getting a Spec-V car how would I go about this?

We all know the debarcle about the standard GTR and the 'lists' of interested parties....

On the assumption that the Spec-V will be in very limited numbers whats going to happen if 100 people end up having a deposit on the car (which isn't unrealistic) and only 10 cars a year are brought in for example (for those being picky ignore the numbers and look at the principal) - how is the allocation going to be achieved with this - first come, lottery, invitation?

Rumours going around that people have deposits already for the car which is great and I would too if I knew that it would be first come for the car

·
Registered
204 Posts
We have a list of people, having taken no deposits as of yet. They are numbered, and dated so that if it's first come first served they'll be in that order. However they are all fully aware that it is unofficial. We don't even know if all HPC's will be able to supply them!

The likelihood is a very limited number (maybe fifty per year) if it comes to the UK!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
hey guys, (and thanks for your comments!)

I am currently keeping a list of 'interested parties' in the order of interest (only 2 so far), as far as I can tell there is very little info available to us dealers at the minute, bu see no reason that all HPC's will be able able to supply it!
I would imagine it is still a long way off being orderable though, will let you know any more as it becomes available!

Steve

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hey Steve! I'm interested too, put me on the spec-V list!
Off subject slightly, how much do you think those LED lights are for current car ordered?!
I've posted the order form back to you, you'll get it tomorrow.:clap:

·
Registered
161 Posts
to be honest, I daren't even hazard a guess on the price of them, or even if they are going to be a uk option (thats why i put that section in my letter and order form!!)

With regards to spec V - will do! ;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i was just aked if i wanted to secure one this year from one of the few dealers who have a confirmed quota here in tokyo. Yen3m deposit required. car only has 2 seats, confirmed. sadly i had to decline because of this. i absolutely have to have 4 seats.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
i was just aked if i wanted to secure one this year from one of the few dealers who have a confirmed quota here in tokyo. Yen3m deposit required. car only has 2 seats, confirmed. sadly i had to decline because of this. i absolutely have to have 4 seats.

Did you get any more detail of the spec. of the car mate? Quite a large deposit as well in relative terms - was a deposit required for the standard GT-R over there?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
standard GT-R deposit is 10%, so approx Yen700 to Yen900k.

No more details at all on the spec. And that was confirmed with the offical spec-v dealers. Nissan have not even leaked any info except the 2 seats.

·
Registered
164 Posts
spec v

have ben told by my agent spec v 13 million yen 2 seater 100kg lighter and they want 50 percent up front

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Nothing will be announced until October of this year on this car, including the ordering process. Until then all you can do is register interest

·
Registered
60 Posts
We have a list of people, having taken no deposits as of yet. They are numbered, and dated so that if it's first come first served they'll be in that order. However they are all fully aware that it is unofficial. We don't even know if all HPC's will be able to supply them!

The likelihood is a very limited number (maybe fifty per year) if it comes to the UK!!!

Hi Ollie,

Could you give me a shout when you know about the Spec-v, I just might be intrested.

Clive

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I have heard that the V - spec has the rear seats removed, carbon fibre discs and 550bhp - from a reliable source.

Unfortunatly they are having trouble loosing the weight they require, as the car although heavy has many weight saving bits already.

More to follow.

Rich.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i love the term "reliable source". ive got about as good a source as anyone, barring fuggles, and even they don't know what is DEFINITELY confirmed on this car except for having only 2 seats.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
i love the term "reliable source". ive got about as good a source as anyone, barring fuggles, and even they don't know what is DEFINITELY confirmed on this car except for having only 2 seats.
My source has confirmed the V-Spec will have the following....

1. An engine
  2. 4 wheels, probably with 1 at each corner
  3. glass to keep out the rain
  4. painted body parts
  5. a steering wheel
Everything else has yet to be confirmed.....

1 - 20 of 66 Posts