GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if you've seen this but the Spec-V has made a semi-official 7:34. If you watch from 5:19 to 7:14 (about 1:55) it comes out of a corner and there's a marker flag on the left.

Takes about the same 1:55 with the standard GTR.

The Spec-V seems to be always fighting itself and wanting to oversteer. They got something drastically wrong. The fact that it's near as fast with this much wrong with the balance speaks volumes though. So painful to see a good car spoil by an ill-suited suspension and what might be an unbalanced weight loss program.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think the car looks pretty composed. It looks great around the Brunnchen complex and looks fairly sensibly sprung. You could see the car was struggling through the compression just after the Foxhole though, which is why they kept coming off half way to refine the car. It's great to see so much development and testing going on though. They must have used at least 3 different springs in that video.

I wonder where it is that they think they are loosing time. The mild oversteer was commented on at the end of the video, during a slow motion replay. It would be interesting to hear what they were saying.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
What a massive embarrassment that car is. Twice the price, half the seats and 7 seconds a lap slower around the most important track in the GT-R's reputation!

Add to that the fact that the brakes will supposedly cost £36,000 to replace (and they will wear out on track, possibly even faster than some aftermarket steel brakes) and you have a folly of monumental proportions IMO.

Can't wait to drive one nevertheless! :D

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's as if Nissan just handed the project to the R&D boys and said, "get to work." Then they came up with a load of disjointed ideas on how to improve performance that seemed to make sense in a brainstorming session and then they threw them together with no regard for the emergent properties. The car seemed very skittish.

Frosty said:
I wonder where it is that they think they are loosing time.
Composure on entry and traction on exit. As well as the car being upset by bumps I think the weight reduction has been too rear-end focused. The tail is just too happy for whatever reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts