GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some new spec's camera's on the m74 at the Raith interchange (Strathclyde Park)on both sides of the motorway.Don't know if they are active yet but under 70mph from now on;)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yup clocked them today as well Scott ... shame that was a nice timed mile and a half from the park to the exit :D

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Actually I should have mentioned, the reason is apparantly because of the amount of casualties at the hamilton on ramp ....

The fact that all of the recent accidents including the fatalities that happened here were due to people entering the motorway and not giving way to vehicles in the slow lane.

Its kinda bizare that an accident caused by someone coming onto the motorway and filtering directly under the middle of a lorry in the slow lane can be used as a reason for siteing these cameras.

Kinda cant help but think that better driver education and training in motorway driving would not be a better soloution to that problem.

Actually thats prompted me to ask another question, when you pull out from a junction turning left ... do you look right only or right and left before moving out?

I have been stunned at the amount of people I see nowadays just glancing right and then pulling straight out :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts