GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

Ive only had my car a week and so am still being extra carefull still!

How are you guys getting along with speed bumps?

Do you avoid them, go over, get out and have a look!?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
no problem

only grounding I get is on the raised inspection / manhole covers, at my local shell garage :chuckle:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi bud,

when you say grindiing you dont mean on the bottom off the front spoiler do you?

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
None so far !! Mind you never going slow enought to see or hear them !!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
No problems at all with speed bumps so far, still manage to scrape my front splitter on a kerb at the end of a parking space - see my other thread in this section :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow! Ive avoided them at all costs!

Two days after getting it I went to show a friend and turned around half way because off the ramps! lol

He still hasn't seen the new motor.

They just look like they'll take the front spoiler off... Saying that, my old mans got a new jag and when we compared them, the GTR doesn't seem much lower

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Trust me you wanna see low ....................................................... look at my R33 !!! The R35 is a doodle compared to that Brute!!! (BEUT)

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've got a couple of nasty width restrictions over bridges near me - the thought of grinding the rims doesn't bear thinking about...!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi no problems over speed bumps. Although like Bazza-G I did touch the front splitter on the kerb at the end of car park space. I do worry about going into multi storey car parks especially with the width restictions at the entry point where you get the ticket. Any one have any comments on these and airport car parks?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do worry about going into multi storey car parks especially with the width restictions at the entry point where you get the ticket. Any one have any comments on these and airport car parks?
They must be designed wide enough for the large delivery vans to go through so the GTR should be ok....

Saying that, dont think Im brave enough to try!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeh, Adam I think you are right ,but like you I am also worried to try. Would hate to scrape the wheels but saying that I am going to have to park in the airport car park soon.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Was really holding my breath when I first encountered speed bumps but as other users have stated it's really been no problem at all.

Same goes ascending / descending ramps in multi storey car parks. Just be cautions that many car park ramps have high kerbs running the length so be careful not to clip them as you are turning.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Challenge , thanks mate but I am only going to drop someone off and will use the short stay carpark since prob only there for a couple of hours.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts