GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOH! got flashed speeding on the North Circular Road (approx 80mph) What chance of getting off? I remember reading an ad about a book setting out loopholes to get away with speeding. Anyone heard of it/read it?

thanks

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Loop hole

Fred
there are no loop holes left now they have changed the law regarding what guy has stated
but the cameras very often do not have film in them, if you go back in daylight and check the back of it if it has film it will have a black line down its slot (heard that one before ah yes RIO,oh RIO ah sorry) slot if there is no film it will be gray but 11 times out of 10 there s no film so dont worry
hopr this helps
Gary

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don't know if this true (and you may have heard it anyway) BUT I once read something that stated that once you get the fine through the post (assuming it's a fixed pen offence) send the authorities a cheque greater than the value of the fine (i.e. £41 for a £40 fine), they will send you a refund for £1 and basically you don't cash this cheque. Since the transaction isn't complete, no penalty points will be issued on your licence. Don't know if this is true but it's worth a shot.

Talat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Talat,

Unfortunately it's not true...

However, someone is apparently at the moment challenging a prosecution using evidence from a Gatso by claiming a breach of the ECHR, claiming that identifying the driver of the vehicle at the time of the offence is self-incriminating. This has been tried before (and thrown out by the Scottish courts), but in this case I understand leave has been given to appeal to the ECJ - expect a decision in about ten years then...

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you do get a notice through the post, I've heard that there is a Mirc chat room where you can negotiate to sell your points to someone else (~ £100 / point). On the penalty form you can stipulate that they were driving the car at the time of the offence. Not tried it myself mind you, but personally I'd rather fork out £300 than wait to see how much extra my insurance premiums are over the next 3 years....

I've heard of the £41 business before, however as this has circulated around the internet to probably millions of ppl, you can be pretty sure that the loophole (if it ever existed) is now closed.

If all else fails, you should torch the 20 grand camera or use a sandblaster on the lens. The damage you cause should give you some feeling of recompense for the £40 fine :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
A hundred quid a point?

Jeez...as I'm feeling festive, I'll take a dozen! Can you wrap 'em and deliver them c/o Dave Bassett, Leicester City Football Club, City Stadium, Filbert Street, Leicester for me?

:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
lol...

I've been flashed 20 times or so and never had a ticket, so Fred u shouldn't panic yet...

The first time I got flashed in my R33 I thought I had triggered a speed camera...later I realised that as there was no camera, so it must have been a rather large flame out of my de-cat pipe..hehe

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Number plate gadget...

I dunno if it is standard on R34's but Blowdog (Cem) has a tilting plate thingy on the back of his... I may look into getting one..

apparently you could hook it up to a button in the cabin and have it electronically operated.

Bond secretly drives a skyline with these exact type of number plates..

HEHEHE

·
Registered
515 Posts
Equipment list

Here's what you need!

1) Ladder
2) Hammer
3) Fertiliser
4) Fuse

Then stand back....light the fuse....and don't forget to upload the pics to the board!

·
Registered
404 Posts
There is an out

Fred,

There is an out if you are willing to hire a good lawyer; Some German motorist have successfully counter sued the police using the article 14 of the European Court of Human Rights.

Article 14 – Prohibition of discrimination
The enjoyment of the rights and freedoms set forth in this Convention shall be secured without
discrimination on any ground such as sex, race, colour, language, religion, political or other opinion, national
or social origin, association with a national minority, property, birth or other status.

The argument is that the police are discriminating against motorist when they photo only the front of the vehicle, because motorcyclist don’t require a front license plate they are not subject to prosecution from GATSO cameras. Some GATSO speed traps now have front and rear views to count this loophole.

The article 5; privacy intrusion is not holding water here and is down to individual Judges and cases as to whether you may get away with that or not.

You will need big money and a good lawyer to win. The chances are that you will keep your license but have to pay costs.

Paul

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Fred,

Only about 35% of cameras have film in them at any one time so you may be lucky. Also, if the camera covers several lanes and more than one car was in the lanes they may not be able to prove it was you rather than the other car. Thirdly, depending on what car you have they may not be able to see all the number plate - if you're at the next Grasshopper meeting I'll show you.;)

If you don't hear anything in about three weeks you can probably breathe a sigh of relief. Fingers crossed.

John

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Don't forget the two flash rule...

Apparently it takes one to measure your speed and another to photograph you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gents

Having been visiting the site for a while now and having owned a 33 for close to two years :D , thought it was about time for a post.

An old mate of mine who has just returned from Japan and was gutted to find all these strange metal flashing things around the country side, has found the following gadget. He uses it on both his bikes and car.

www.geodesygps.co.uk

I've placed this on the christmas list, might have been the demo showing a 33 that helped the decision !!??

Hope you find the info useful.

Cheers

Paul:

·
Registered
211 Posts
This system can be used in the Netherlands also but it has one down-side.
In my area, there are 4 camara housings on one road only 10 miles long.
Normally only one camera is used on this road.
This GPS device would make you brake at every camera since the Camera location information is gathered thru GSM phones.
This is exactly what the police is trying to achieve.
If things go as the Dutch justice department wants then the radar detectors are banned as of January next year and this would be the only device left to use but it doesn't protect you from moving radar units.

My 2 € cents

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use a Valentine One Radar Detector which I find is very good. Have also just got a Geodesy, but not yet fitted it. I am aiming on getting an adaptor (I'm told Halfords do them) so that both machines can operate at the same time - so if they both start going ape it's time to really stand on the brakes fast!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I use the 406 every day and if any of those cameras have fiml at the beginning of the day, they won't have by the end! I can't go past any of them without seeing it flash at someone. I doubt you'll hear anything mate and if you haven't heard withing 2 weeks, then you've got away with it anyway....notice of intention and all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Geodesy

I've used the Morpheus often, and love it! Yes, it will go off along frequently along a stretch of road where movable cameras are prevalent, but much better to be safe than sorry. There’s one particular stretch of the M6 near to Warrington that sets it off like an in-car nitespot…but overall I’d give it a definite thumbs-up.

If they help to save you points on your licence, brilliant…but if they also alert you to the odd unknown blackspot, and thus slow you down thereby avoiding injury to yourself, your car or another person, better still!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts