GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else get a beeping sound after going somewhere in the range of 100 km/h-105 km/h? It starts aroudn then and doesn't stop until I drop below that. Since I do that speed daily for lengthy periods, it gets very annoying. Is there any way to make it disappear easily? I'm assuming this is standard on Skylines. My Z didn't have it so it surprised me when it turned on the other day. I thought I broke my Skyline already.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Its telling you your speeding, If you search im sure somebody has got rid of this before.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Ha Ha, express ways in Japan rarely get over 80 KPH...it's a lil safety device. My GTR didnt have one, but my Hi-Lux truck did!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correction. The speed limit never gets over 80 km/h. Traffic generally moves at about 120 km/h. So far all my research has led me to talk of busting it with a hammer and a whole lot of dead links for pics.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Correction. The speed limit never gets over 80 km/h. Traffic generally moves at about 120 km/h. So far all my research has led me to talk of busting it with a hammer and a whole lot of dead links for pics.
Yea, then everyone jacks the brakes when they come to the stationary camera's....sucks for the out of towners...:confused: been there & done that...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Just disconect it ,it mounted under the panel where the steering wheel adjustment is ,its about level with your left knee on the inside ,you can get your hand up there but its a bugger to disconect unless your lucky

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome! I'll have to check that out and hope I am one of the "lucky" ones.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Thats not the dinger, in my GTS-4 is wasnt. The speedo dinger is on the back of the speedo head, its a silver box that looks like a big relay, its attached to the speedo head unit with two ring terminals. The one above your left knee is uhh... something else.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
my dinger goes off at 170kph...confused the hell out of me why it'd be set so high when I just realized, as I've got a Nismo speedo, that 170kph is roughly where 100kph would be on a stock unit...so that damned bell is triggered by position.

Why the hell, whoever had my car before me, would someone go through the trouble of replacing the speedo, yet neglect to remove the dinger??

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Yea, then everyone jacks the brakes when they come to the stationary camera's....sucks for the out of towners...:confused: been there & done that...:rolleyes:

I just applied ten coats of this "photoblocker" spray paint I ordered from the US. It said to do up 3 or 4 but I figured ten can't hurt :p Looks like plain clearcoat to me, wonder if it really works...

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
:popcorn: How do you test it? Roll thru a speed trap at 20 over???? Saw that in the mags...let me know if it works!:popcorn:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
speed fines in Korea are 40,000won, which is what, 25quid? I'll intentionally bust through a trap and see if I get a ticket. btw, I've a feeling it only works at night - during the day, the cameras don't really need a flash, do they?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Why the hell, whoever had my car before me, would someone go through the trouble of replacing the speedo, yet neglect to remove the dinger??[/QUOTE]

he he he lmao! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts